Chapter 25: Arthit vs. Trae

Tine POV

"Tine!" yelled a voice, and I turned around to see Sarawat. He breathed heavily as he wrapped his arms around my shoulder.

"I'm relieved you're okay."

As Kong charged at Kao, the Hellbreaker painted a blur of crimson light above him, and I was distracted.

Even Kao leaped aside, the sword biting at him again.Pete punched Kong in the face, his arms full armor, they fight each other, sand and gold sparks flying.

"The water!" P'Third was swinging around the whip as he shouts. "Push him into the water! Trust me! It will cure him!"

Pete POV

I was on the ground, catching my breath. Blood leaked from my temple. Arkan rained bullets at Kao and Kong. One bullet hit Kao in the shoulder. Horror and shock crashed through me as he slumped on the sand. Kong lifted the Hellbreaker, crimson flames glowed.

"NOOOO!!!" I shrieked. I shoved Arkan, nearly knocking him over the rock.

"Pete!" Third shouted.
He passed me the iron sword he created back in Ravika. I caught the sword, and began swinging it wildly at Arkan. Down and down until I didn't let him to get up. But Arkan grabbed me by the neck.

I was afraid he might crack my throat. Just then, Kao intervened the battle, splitting us apart. The bullet wound was already healed. I closed my mouth when I saw M, May and Sandee fighting off other remaining vampires.

"If suffering is so bad, should I end it right away?" He held up his hand, the back had a strange symbol, like it was a star at the center yet it had thorns jutting out at the sides. "There's a poison killing your blood cells, Pete."

"A hellgod is so cocky yet no knowledge of strategy." I started to laugh, a psychotic laugh. Kao touched my shoulder, sucking out all the black poison from my body. "Too bad for you..." My blood spread over my cheek,turning into a plate of iron down torso. "That makes you the best match for Blood Armor! You don't like to be inferior, don't you? Start crying and beg for your life!"

The poison that was extracted from me became a living ax for Kao. "H-How?"Arkan stammered.

"Kao was an assassin. Experimented, giving him poison magic and has resistance to all kinds of poison." I smirked. "Even if he was Ash's lackey...Kao Krato is the essence of him!"

Kao dashed towards Kong, swinging their weapons. The new mode was quite heavy but I can still manage.
The trouble look from Arkan's face was absolutely hilarious once I was pouncing. "Back away! Everybody! Retreat!"

"I'm not finished yet!" I shouted.

Kong did not obey. He thrust Kao, and Arkan thrust me, our back colliding at each other. Spinning, we switched. Now, I was fighting Kong. The Hellbreaker wasn't strong enough to pierce my armor. "Kao, now!"

I closed my fist, the armor hardened, knocking off Kong to the sand while I heard a flesh ripped out behind me. I looked sideways, Arkan's arm was on the sand. Kao breathing hard. The moment Arkan stood, my eyes widened.

"I haven't shown this one yet, hellgod." Kao said with eyes empty but a little menacing. He looked so badass. "Haven't Trae told you that Ash Knight practiced a lot of dark magic? Ink Crystal." He snapped his finger then a large crystal erupted from his neck, black blood showered. An evil smirk spread on his face, mirroring that one trick Ash Knight pulled on one of the Dark hunters.

Arkan's body crashed on the sand.

"Bring Kong into the water!" Third hastily ordered Tine and Sarawat. They nodded and drew Kong to the shore, Sarawat let go from the pulse of the water as if it was ripping him inside. He screamed. Kong's eyes flew open, he tossed us out, sending us back to the sand. Khai, Third and Kao were knocked out.

Tine POV

Sarawat's trembling hand clamped on my shoulder.
"Tine." He already snapped out of his agony, but he was sweating. "If the legend is true. Then I'll be the one who will throw the Slayer into the celestial mirror."

I paused. "Wat..."

Sarawat enclosed his hand over mine. "For five years, I'm not a good person, but I started to think that I'm a different person when I'm with you."

"No. I'm not gonna let you go!" Shaking my head, tears gathered in my eyes. I can't believe it! He's willing to sacrifice himself? When he held his hand over my cheek, I was calmed down. He looked me in the eyes.

"It's not my right to dictate how you will live. There is no hope for me here but you have to promise me something...I want you to live a happy life for me, Tine." He smiled as if it was his last. "I love you."

Sarawat POV

You're not the only one, Tine...who has lived a terrible life. I thought it would be best if I was never born. I was a pawn to any bad guy's shady business. A lethal weapon.
This is my redemption. But I wish something for myself. I wish to find you in the next life and be with you until we grow old.

I fled to Kong. He breathed hard like a bull, ready to launch. He was just several inches from the shore. I took the courage as we plunged into the water.

Arthit POV

"You're going to hell." Trae smiled viciously as he got up to his feet.

"Save me the front seat." I charged at Trae Marvel as we collided in the middle of Phuket's street. His own sword and my claws ringing together. Through his menacing eyes, I saw he was taking this with delight.

Darkness shielded him from my attacks, they were like tendrils behind him, mix with twinkling stars. I was now getting even more aggressive, this was due to my Shadow Curse, it breaks my thoughts, it breaks my heart, it breaks everything. Nothing left but rage.

I whipped around my feet, the darkness caught my left hand, I weighted up in the air, cutting it with a swift kick. Trae grabbed my neck, he thrust me against the wall. Celestial light went spiraling toward Trae. He let go.|

Shrieking, I turned to Trae's sword, curling my hand around the hilt. A ball of blue flames flew across me. The sword shielded me as Trae throws fire after fire. I have to break his concentration.

But before I could think of a plan, Trae gave a direct hit to my face. I swept off the ground. Dizziness spun my vision. The sword came rattling at the other direction.

I gasped for breath, unable to find the strength. Trae chuckled as he stepped towards me and raised the sword.

But I have to do something. The war is far from over.

Author's note:

I don't want to give any spoilers if Sarawat survived the celestial mirror's power or not. I want you guys to experience the thrill in the next chapter...let's, just, see. So to my loyal readers, just keep guessing.

Damn, I'm quite under stress today because I have been working on this all morning and running around the city, getting balloons, tarpaulin, candles and a cake all afternoon. Yeah, it's my birthday in 20 minutes while I'm writing this. It's nearly 12 in the morning.

So, Happy Birthday to me! *insert party poppers erupted* HAHAHAHAHAHA OMG I'm old ToT

Anyway, STAY TUNED! ^_^