Chapter 24: Celestial Mirror

Arthit POV

Water struck my face the moment I was huddled down on the shore of the beach, Kong's stepping over my head. The lights dimmed and Third had been sitting behind me, looking worried.

Kong was smirking. I sat upright, gasping and choking from the water. Shadows moved across the sand. By the time I raised my head, Arkan and Trae had arrived with my friends. There were at least ten dark hunters and five vampires with them, pushing Khai and Knot forward.

"Good job, Kong." Trae smiled at his brother. "The celestial wizards were extinct. Only one remains."
The shock of telling us was painful. I remained a blank face as I stared up at Trae.
"Arthit." He said. "You took quite an amazing job on looking for the magic trackers. You're lucky that your ex-boyfriend didn't kill you. I ordered him not to, If it weren't for me, you'd be lying down the street, dead."

I opened my mouth to fill in words but I shut it right away. "Now, it's time." Trae turned back and strolled over the rock. The water around the rocks pulsed in light with Trae's every step as if it was a sensor. Pete's restrain juggled.

Trae had the magical tracker and a sword in other. As I watched, he put down the sword on the rock, putting his hand over the wall. He spoke few words that sounded like greek, and threw the tracker.

The ground gave a slight shake, white light spread over the beach, giving a faint heat like fire. Trae inserted his hand into the open and took out the celestial gem. I could feel its power calling me, as if it was begging to be mine.

"It's so beautiful," Arkan said.

The water continued to pulse, and I heard a scream. I immediately look over my shoulder, Sarawat was screaming and writhing his body from the pulse of the water. Pete and Khai moved towards him.

"This is my great prize." He said, examining the celestial gem, the light basking his grim face. "I have turned wizards into ash, and now no other hellgods will rob my glory. I will walk over their corpse, bathe in their blood, and all of the realms will be mine."

It was true. The water has an effect on the vampires. My eyes flicked to Third and he understands it too. The water...it's actually the Celestial mirror.

Trae took a few steps on the shore when a figure landed. Tine. Arkan, and the dark wizards scattered away. Fear lingered in their eyes. Tine's right arm hand a red glow.

"Hex user." Trae's voice laced with amusement. "You're not like your demon counterpart. You're stronger."

Tine tilted his head to the side.
Trae gazed at the sword on the ground. His face became angrier and angrier at every second. "Kong, eliminate them!"

Something flash. Kao spun midair, poison crystal clinging at his shoulder, protecting Tine from getting wounded. He didn't leave his eyes on Kong, who was subtle in his actions, calculating
At the moment they clash, the pain in my wrist vanished. No longer bound to the cuffs.

I struggled on my knees as the world tumbled once again into chaos. Tine was the one who loosens us with his magic. Kao was now fighting Arkan and Kong, sword to sword sparking, metal to hard crystal clanging.

I wanted to move but my body was too weak. Another faint glow was on my right side, I looked down and the celestial gem was there. Pete and Khai were fighting Trae.
Knot and Prem pulled me up to my feet. The next thing I know I was running back towards the coconut trees. I tucked the gem in my pocket as we neared the white Ferris wheel and three diners that were closed.

"You can't go just yet." Trae appeared at the first diner. "Give me the celestial gem."

Prem and I surged forward as celestial light burst from my fist. Lightning rumbled in the sky, striking down to Prem, giving just enough amount of energy. His eyes were glowing. But not that long, I was hurled aside by the darknet of magic spreading over the area.

A Wall of rock emerged from the ground, only a few feet, we weren't safe until that dark spikes would cut me. A shadow covered my direction. I looked at the figure, I opened my open to speak. It pierced through Knot's shirt, cutting into his chest.

Knot's body landed on my arms. Prem stared at me with horror. I sank on my knees, reaching for my celestial healing magic, hovering it to his chest. My hands wet with blood as I tried and tried to heal him.

"No..."Knot whispered. "You'll drain your magic. I have done my part. This is my fate."

"Knot." Prem knelt beside me.

"Arthit." Knot said to me. "Prem is also willing to sacrifice for you. So hold on to that hope, don't give up."

"Why didn't you tell me that you've seen this coming!" I made a noise. It sounded like it was ripping me from the inside, like something vile tearing through my chest. Knot may have betrayed me but I knew deep down he had a reason. "Why? Why would you give up your life for me?" Tears burned in my eyes as my voice croaked from the sobs.

The life in his eyes slowly dies. He smiled. Blood trickling down the side of his mouth. "Because you're my friend."

His hand slumped at the side, giving his last breath. I sniffed, wiping the tears off my cheeks. Dark hunters streaked across the path. Prem hesitated for a moment. I laid Knot's body on the ground.
"Kill them both." Trae's voice was riched with mockery as silver plates of spiky armor coated around his torso. The dark hunters circled around us. I stood and glared at Trae.
"Go, Prem." My lips started trembling in rage. Black ink spread over my arms and half of my torso, claws retracted from my fingers. On the left part of my body hissed in light flame, a very hot celestial element I've never unleashed. I was like yin yang in person. My shadow curse and my celestial magic are my symbols of dualism, but once interconnected, they become powerful. "This one is mine." I hissed.

An inhuman roar exploded in my throat, bolting towards Trae in full power, strong enough to send him into the diner's wall and into the street.