Chapter 4: Demonology Quiz

Kao POV

I was hanging around in the cafeteria, drinking coffee to keep me on track in my reading. Behind me, three other students, Michelle, Anderson and Ea were reading a new book about World magical creatures.

"What's up with you guys?" I asked, eager to know what the book contains.
Anderson smiled at me. "It's magical creatures book written by Ms. Hallow."
"It's stupid." Michelle giggled.
"No, it's not. They're like new creatures." I scanned the page of the book, it had some Philippine-related monsters, Aswang, Mambabarang, Kapre, Tiktik.
"Wow." I smiled. "They're from the Philippines."
"Oh, they exist." said Ea, touching his gelled hair.

I turned to the next content, and they were Japanese monsters. They actually existing, more rare kinds of demons and other ghouls.

Should I suggest to Kao about the study? thought Ea.
I tilted my head and frowned at him.

"What study?"
"Oh, you read my mind." said Ea, closing his eyes.

"Hey, Kao. If you want something fun tomorrow, you should come with us on Ms. Hallow's study of magical creatures." said Michelle.
"No dates required. We're all singles." Anderson smiled brightly.
Oh...I'm the only one who is taken in there. "Okay." I nodded.

I slung my bag over my shoulder and said bye. Walking to the hallway, Pete was talking to Oak and Tew at the corner. I managed to catch up, they said hi to me before they headed upstairs. "Got an interesting study to do tomorrow."

Pete looked at me with his what-are-you-gonna-do-again look. Well, Tine Aetherius, Mr. Vamp lover is in the campus while Pete Reckondale, master of the morning frowns is needing-

Got it. You don't need to think out loud. Pete muttered.

"How's it feel to hear everyone's thought?" I raised my eyebrows.
"Amazing." Pete answered. "Come on, let's take this damn quiz."

"Don't look at me as If I was a crazy nerd to that study."
"Aw,sweetie." Pete patted my head. "You're always interested in the unknown. What is it?"
"Well, Michelle and her friends asked me to study some worldwide supernatural creatures." I said.
Pete gasped. "Oh, wow. That's good."
"Yeah. Except for the fact that we must help Kong first." I said, remembering him the other night.
Pete took my hand which made me jittery. "We'll help him first then." I stared at him to make sure if he would allow or not allow me. "I'm your boyfriend, I'm with you, no matter what."

Pete POV

The test started at nine in the morning. I flipped the test paper on the front page. I answered two blanks and the last one, re-reading the two sentences.

Six feet tall, arms and legs are covered in brown fur. I began to hear Kong's thoughts, he was reading the exact question I had in my paper.
I frowned hard. What the hell is this?

Minotaur. Kong answered. I envied Kong, he was smart and knew exactly what demon it is by reading one sentence. Me? It took me over three minutes to figure out what the answer is. My orientation to the demons had really subdued, by facing them I accidentally kill them without even knowing their weak spot.

Okay, so if you calculate this from this. Then you can get the exact answer. Thought Jordan Travaro-one of the insane nerds in our class. Demonology 2 had a different cycle of test. The first part was identification which I hated most. The second part was ten items of mathematical bullshit. And the last one was also ten items multiple choice.

It's nine! Aha! Jordan thought triumphantly.

What's the answer? asked Kao.

Didn't you hear what he said? I flicked my eyes over to the side, Kao held the pen still.