Chapter 2: Ghosts

Third POV

The Neon club had been filled with most royal kids, dancing on the dance floor. Me and my friends had a special lounge upstairs. The marble floor was etched with mosaic separately on blacks. A two bucket of beer stood at the center of the glossy table.

"To the Mystery Freaks!" Khai announced. We all leaned forward, tossing our red cups.
"How long have Two been here?" asked M, seated next to May. Bone was entertaining the rest of Kong's batch on the next table with funny stories. King Two was talking to several officials on the private room.
"About an hour." Kao answered.
"There are no demons in the club, right?" I asked anxiously.
"The club has wards," said Kong. "We're gonna be okay."
"If Matthew is as mean you guys said, he should enter this place pretty quickly." said Kao. Arthit looked at him, so he added. "We're still rooting for Kong to slay this hellgod. Thank God, for the powers. I'd be there myself if I don't have a tutoring session."

"With Non?"
Kao sighed. "Non went to Bangkok last Saturday."
"You guys stay here." Khai smiled, he looked at me and at his cousin downstairs. "I'm wine-bound."

"No weird and mysterious crap from Mr. Vampire." said Pete.
My eyes got back downstairs, Tine leaned his head over my boyfriend's ear. They laughed and made their way to the counter. "I've actually never seen a vampire getting drunk." said Arthit.
"Well, he is now." I said as Tine and Khai got upstairs with another bucket.

"You had nothing to worry about." I said to Pete when his reaction would make Tine angry.
Pete grabbed Kao's hand and they went past them halfway to the stairs. "Where are they going?" Khai asked.
I shifted uncomfortably. "Dance."
"Should Pete be having drinks with us?" Tine said. Poor boy. He was avoided by most students because of his bad history on the royals. Instead of feeling avoidant, I felt pity over him. He was just a kid when his parents turned into vampires.

"Nah, leave him. Seconds later, you might see that he is kissing Kao." Kong smiled assuredly. Arthit gave him a sharp look. He took another drink from the cup. "Did you invite anyone?"
"Me?" Tine pointed at himself.
Arthit nodded.
"I don't have any friends, P'" said Tine.
"Hey, why are you being all mentor mode?" said Khai. "You're not a SOTUS mentor anymore. Come on, give him a space."

Kao POV

"Should we test him?" asked Pete when we sat on the counter, panting from the dance.
"Like a spell?"
Pete nodded.
"Aren't you supposed to ask Sandee?" I said.
"I will ask her when we get back on Monday." Pete regarded me with pride.
"Should we tell the others?"
Pete was caught off guard by the question. "No. What if it's a conspiracy, Tine and another vampire working together, the entire time they're figuring out how to take the throne?"

" Okay, you're getting a little paranoid." I shuddered, recalling King Taeko's ascended into a pure demon in the throne room.
"How can we not, with demons and vampires coming out of the alley all the time? It's a wonder why we trust anybody." Pete held his hand.
"I don't trust anybody except you and our friends." I smiled while pinching his soft cheeks.
Pete flushed and kept his eyes on me. "Any ideas what we should do?"
"Secret thoughts." I said when I got the idea. "We can hear Tine's thoughts just long enough to confirm our suspicions."

Arthit POV

On the way, I passed through the tables, Kong and M were hanging on the side of the counter.
"P'Arthit!" Tine trotted over with a big smile on his face.
"Hi, Tine." I said. "Sorry, I need to--"

"Oh, that's okay. Cool, cool" He came along with me. "Hey, this is Kong's best friend!" Tine grinned at M.
"M." I said. "This is Tine Aetherius."
"Uh, hi." M smiled. "Do you like strawberry mix?"
"Absolutely." Tine said.