Chapter 16: After the Promise

3rd Person's POV

After the promise the three made. Years did go by and slowly but gradually different interests formed and dream that they all wanted to achieve.

Prince Liam wanted to make his kingdom give more equality among commoners. His vision to bring his people out of poverty touched many hearts of the commoners but his family didn't side with him. They wanted to change Prince Liam's sudden way of thinking that commoners are not worth his time.

Princess Elizabeth wanted to make sure she grows and studies all kinds of magic theories that could help her. Sadly, one of her experiments caused the death of Victoria her close maid and older sister figure that really broke her completely.

Blaming the death of Victoria, she fell into a trance and endless guilt. She wandered off from Althea and Prince Liam grew even colder. She still continued with the experiments with magic that can help improve the kingdom.

Althea on the other hand wanted to be one of the Royal Knights so she could stand by Princess Elizabeth's side. When she was 13 she enlisted to be in one of the barracks, trained in swordsmanship, and magic. Her ingenious ways of the sword were not like any other as well as her physical strength. Impressing the court and military tacticians of the kingdom. The King of the kingdom hearing this decided to deploy her into the continuous war between the [Demon Kingdom]. He was becoming desperate and running out of good soldiers and warriors. The adventurers in the kingdom were losing numbers because of them also being hired sometimes for the war.

[2 Years]

Victoria was still alive and Princess Elizabeth is now 7 years old. Althea and Prince Liam both being 10 years old. Francisca Snow, the mentor the goddess mentioned finally arrived into the country with her [Divine Weapon], Celestia.

Francisca and Celestia introduced themselves into the court of the kingdom after having an audience with them and basically, they all recognized the famed Francisca Snow. A genius mage and a good future business partner that came from the [Kingdom of Hearts] where magic is the most substantial way of living and where their strongest asset comes from.

She offered to teach the young princess all that she knows about magical theory and [Ice Magic]. In the end, they could not refuse her tempting offer. "Master, are you sure it's really worth is worth your time?" (Celestia) asked while silently humming a song.

"Eh, it might. A friend of mine, a goddess actually asked me to do this favor because she messed up real bad. Besides, I think the person in the same position as me." 

"Reincarnated?" (Celestia) asks. Francisca nodded. 

"Yep, reincarnated so I couldn't refuse the offer. Finally, other than the summoned heroes there's finally someone I can talk about home. I think she came from the same earth where I come from." Francisca pondered, remembering the home she grew up with. "I sorta miss it," she said a little dejected.

Celestia pouted, "Well master, to me wherever you are it always feels like home..."

Francisca smiled. "You never got rid of the master calling huh."

She giggled, "I'm afraid not, master. I'm used to it and you better start getting used to it too!"

They both smiled and hold hands, feeling the ring on their fingers. "Yeah, yeah. After this, we're definitely settling down." (Francisca)

"Master don't want any more adventures together?" (Celestia) asked as she swung happily their hands hold together. Francisca gripped her hands a little tighter.