Diary of Victoria Crumwell (Part 2)

Dearest diary,

There were points in my life where I wanted to kill myself on this mansion but never had the courage to do so. I was glad that I didn't or else I wouldn't be where I am right now. A savior saved and taught me the importance of keeping on living. I was glad we crossed paths.

Yours,
Victoria.

.=.=.=.=.=.=.

There was an unexpected visit from the Queen herself, she found out about these horrible doings to us and punished my now former master. Bringing the knights by her side, I was there when all things happened. I saw the Queen with her snow-white hair, beautiful aura, her majestic presence that to think it's absurd to see a Queen walking around and arresting people.

She announced that we are free and that she would bring us justice.

However, now... I have no more place to go to. A few days after I packed my belongings and left the mansion. Of course, they took the collar off of all of us. The other believers escaped because they were afraid of getting jailed for not speaking of the illegal activities to anyone.

"Ah." For the first time in these five years. My neck never felt better and free. I looked in the mirror seeing it left a mark around my neck. It looks like it's never going to go off though. I decided to hide the scar by wearing a choker instead.

While leaving the mansion I thought about applying to becoming an adventurer... they don't have any age limit if I remember but I don't know how to read and write... this is a problem.

I sighed. I never had the courage to end my life so why bother. Hmm... would they accept 13-year-olds on part times? I looked at my wallet seeing flies coming out of it I worried. I'm not sure if I can even afford to live at an inn for a few days even.

I looked around into the shady areas to see if there's a cheaper place I could rent a room. The moment I walked in there was this really shady-looking owner that was eyeing me rather weirdly and my gut told me that the inn owner was a pervert. This place is really hopeless every single inn I've visited didn't seem any decent of staying... looks like I'm sleeping on a bench tonight.

I was about to give up until I stumbled upon a figure who was a little familiar. I couldn't mistake that hair color. "Hmm..."

I was right. My eyes went wide as my gaze followed her figure.

It was the Queen... but what is she doing here walking around here? These are where usually illegal business is settled. If she's seen wandering out in a place like this it'll really affect her badly.

Out of curiosity, I followed her.

I had to be careful, her steps were really light I couldn't hear her much but I was worried she would hear mine. Through the stairs, the ladders, and the alleys.

I found her on a black market... the same one where I was sold. My body shivered by the thought of that memory. I was tied. I was weak. I was fragile. I was naive.

My foot walked on its own, however, curiosity dominating my fear. I continued following her into the dark alleyways. I blended through the crowd ignoring all the calls of vendors and kept my eye on the Queen.

She turned left and ran into the narrow alleyway, surprising me. Out of instinct, I followed her. She must've realized that I was following her and ran. I scanned my eyes for any sign of her however it seems like I lost her through the crowd, it was useless trying to look for her footprints in the snow because it was trampled by other buyers.