Diary of Victoria Crumwell (Part 6)

Dearest diary,

I've decided to stay for a month of rest before I join the military patrol guarding the border again. I decided to spend time with the other kids and just spend time with Sister Mary and Queen Ameria.

However, her maid of hers I do not mean to offend but I don't like her. I don't know if this was jealousy or just my gut telling me things I can't comprehend. I'll be sure to check my feelings now and then.

Yours,
Victoria.

.-.-.-.-.-.-.

"Higher!!! Come on, big sister Victoria! Raise me up like a baby cat cub on a cliff that's being held by a monkey as other animals kneel before me!"

I chucked as I did what this little gremlin told me. I held her up even higher. Thankfully I'm a bit strong now all thanks to that hellish training back at the military border. "YESSS I'M THE RULER OF THIS SNOW FORT!"

I was helping the other kids build a snow fort as I steadied her little hat, gently putting her down in the crispy snow.

A week into my vacation I'm playing around with the other kids while keeping in check with my training. The letter that I sent for King Alastor has arrived on the border and I've gotten an immediate reply that he'll be waiting for my return.

"Big sister Victoria! Show us magic please!"

The other kids crowded me trying to force me into using my magic into doing some sort of magic show but I couldn't resist them so I told them to stand back. "With the blessings of Aeri I command the wind to carry me wherever I may go. [Wind Magic: Aerial Leap]!"

This was a new spell I invented. It's using the wind and air to use to fly, you could say it's defying gravity. I used it on myself for now and I was already up and floating flying.

This spell is not perfect yet. The problem is I can't make the spell last for more than ten minutes but it's hopefully entertaining for the kids as I already see their faces beaming in amazement and excitement.

"I wanna do it too! Big sister Victoria come on hit me with the spell!"

"Me too! Come on!!!"

"Hey, I wanna fly too!"

I went down below the snow and landed gracefully. I crossed my arms and shook my head. "This is a dangerous spell. It's not ready yet but I promise once I perfect it you can fly to your heart's content."

"Aw... Back to making snowman's we go..."

"Want to make snow demons with me?"

"Sure!"

Eventually, all of them separated doing their own thing for fun giggling and making mischief. Feeling out of place I decided to maybe walk a little around the town to clear my mind on what I'll do once I go back into the military. Should I accept the proposal the King gave me before?

I walked and walked but still, no thoughts came into my mind but how much I feel like I'm being abandoned right now but is that the case? It's the decision I chose but do I have the right to feel this way after all that?

I sighed forming a small cloud of snow as I breathed. As my thoughts starts to feel so clouded I didn't notice I had bumped into someone as I was walking by. "Oof."

As I bumped into them they accidentally let go of their bag and fruits suddenly rolled out of it. Seeing this I panicked and quickly kneeled down to pick them up.