Chapter 14: A prince and a peasant getting along?

3rd Person's POV

Our heroine, Princess Elizabeth, and Prince Liam decided to spend some time which each other, it was mostly because of the council's orders so they had no choice. 

Mainly in the library and our princess haven't visited the orphanage because of the prince's visits, keeping the prince company and sort of avoiding a possible person who might tell the prince that she loves her, etc. 

Basically she was avoiding Althea because she really has a runny mouth in having no shame.

"Your highness Elizabeth, may I ask you something?" (Prince Liam) asked after sighing at his book about fairy tales and magic. 

"Yes, you may." (Elizabeth) said bluntly as she continued fixing her gaze on her book that contained information on how to make your magic stronger. She focused on magic notes especially about her time management for extra class. Mainly about etiquette, the theory about magic and practice, geography, history, science, basic manners, and just... many more. 

She's going to be busy preparing to be Queen and it is utmost for her to have knowledge about everything. She might not even have time to visit the orphanage often after this but at least she can still train herself even if she lost Victoria, the only teacher who had excellent teaching skills. 

"I have noticed that you no longer visit the orphanage where we first met." 

Elizabeth stopped writing her notes and come to look at the prince. "Are you perhaps stalking me?"

The prince hastily shook his head, "I would never! It's just that I visited the place because I have unexpectedly... made a friend." (Prince Liam) said while scratching his neck. 

Elizabeth thought for a moment. 'A friend? Who could it be I wonder.'

"May I know who it is?" (Elizabeth) asked she turned to her notes. Going back and forth from her book as Prince Liam closed his, he came closer to Elizabeth and took a peek at her work. "Remember the girl who called me prince of something?" 

Elizabeth's face turned grey. How can she forget the most annoying person that ever existed? "Yes, I do and if I'm being honest she's really hard to forget." (Elizabeth) looked away because she felt something warm on her face but paid no attention to it.

"She intrigues me, perhaps she's more than what she looks." (Prince Liam) said with interest in his eyes. 

Elizabeth stopped writing and stood up from her chair to look at the prince that was distracting her, "What do you mean by that?" 

He held Elizabeth's hand and dragged her out of the palace with a bunch of guards in tow, "Dearest fiance, it's better to just show you than explain." he said as he motioned to the servants, "Prepare my carriage and bring us into the orphanage."

Out of the blue, he dragged Elizabeth by no choice and she just went along with it. Why? Because of curiosity. Think about it? What prince that uses phoenix magic became interested in an orphan? A commoner too. 

Commoners usually have normal magic and have less aptitude for magic as well as mana. They can only just use it for daily lives but for advanced spells, they might need intense training if they want their magic to grow. Nobles just have this huge advantage to where they get rare kinds of magic that commoners can also have but it's mostly because of pure luck and sometime's they get accused of their mother having an affair with a noble. 

'But maybe I'm overreacting, maybe it's not about magic but her personality?'

She did have a pretty decent personality, for protecting the other kids at the orphanage and being just a carefree person that they trust. Wait... but what if it was all an act? Not on the saving the children but the carefree personality... surely she must have signs of trauma from that experience but is she just overreacting things?