Special Chapter: The Future Set In Stone

This is perhaps not cannon.

However, I wanted to make something special for mother's day. I hope you enjoy and give your mother's a hug and tell them how much you love them.

I hope you do it every day because really, we won't know when they will part from us suddenly so cherish them.

Elizabeth's POV

Drats! That stupid goddess sent me at the wrong time. I was supposed to go back a few weeks not years! What time is it even in here?! I glanced around to where I spawned. It was in a dark alleyway but at least no was in here.

There was still snow everywhere... glad to know that hasn't changed. I peaked around the streets and it was crowded by people. I grabbed a spare blond wig and eye contacts in my [Storage Ring]. I quickly wore it and blended in with the other people.

My clothes are no problem because I could act as an adventurer looking for the guild.

I listened in on the conversations of the locals grasping any information my ears can land on. "Hey, have you heard? The Queen will visit the streets more often now! Just to know if we're doing alright! Apparently we can suggest anything we can that would help us with her!"

"She sounds so noble and kind! A different kind of noble who hears the voices of their subjects!"

"Gosh, I know right? She's the best Queen the kingdom has ever gotten!"

My eyes widen in shock as my body was frozen in place. "My mother is alive... My mom..." I slapped my face in order to erase these thoughts. I can't mess up anything at this time or else I might alter the future.

I decided to keep on walking and find a way to get back into my own time. Though... It wouldn't hurt to go and explore for a bit. See what's different from this time and mine. I went through the stalls and at least other than differences there were still things that didn't change. The warmth of the people was still there.

Wait does the orphanage exist now at this time?!

I need to see that. I hurriedly went there and saw the orphanage. It looked like it was brand new. I looked around the garden as I heard kids laughing at the distance. I saw a nun who was playing tag a kid. "Sister Mary! Sister Mary! I bet you can't catch me hehe!"

"Oh! Don't you get too confident Victoria! Sister Mary was a strong adventurer before!"

"Fufufufu! Catch me if you can!"

Wait, wait, wait.

Child Victoria?! I HAVE TO SEE THIS!

I tried peaking some more into the bush to just see Victoria but then I felt a hand on my shoulder. "Now, now. I didn't know a young lass like you can be doing indecent things."

Um, what? OH OH! THIS ISN'T!

"THIS IS NOT WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE LADY!" SHE THINKS I'M A PERV. I'M NOT! I'M JUST CURIOUS ON HOW YOUNG VICTORIA WOULD LOOK LIKE!

"Sure, that's what all perverts and pedophiles say when they give that look. You better straighten yourself. Are you here to kidnap them?! I won't let you!"

She held her hand up and grabbed me by my collar. "Listen this is seriously not what it looks like!" I was about to call for help when it already arrived.

"Is someone there?" It was Sister Mary. She had soft-looking tan skin as she stood tall. Honestly, I think she was tall as Victoria on the future. "Don't you come too close Mary. I'm going to punish this pervert for staring at the kids and you!"

"Q-Queen Ameria?! W-What are you doing to this person?!"

WAIT THIS LADY IS MY MOTHER?!

I came up with a believable excuse for them to let go of me. "I'm just an adventurer! I had tried asking for directions but I got lost! I'm new here, I saw the orphanage and I saw them! I swear I only stared at them because I was scared of how to approach them and ask for directions!"

She gives the suspicious eye before looking at Sister Mary. "She's not lying. Let her go, my Queen."

My mother sighed and let go of my collar gently. "My apologies. I overreacted." She said as she gave me a hesitant laugh. "Also Mary I brought bread again. I hope the palace doesn't realize I snuck out again. My husband is so busy hmph. I'll just hang out with you again yay!"