Chapter 7: Sneaking out the palace.

Elizabeth's POV

6 months have passed and I'm still continuing my studies and training with Victoria. 

I'm proud to announce that I've read all the books in the library! 

I'm still not at ease with Victoria having suspicions that I'm more than a genius or a prodigy. We didn't talk about it after that and just left it to be ignored. I'm glad but disappointed at the same time. I have to keep my guard around her every often. 

Although I'm glad that she gave me these gloves. It really lessened the chances of my magic suddenly going out of control. It must be special...

"These gloves work like a charm, Victoria. I must thank you again for this." I say while casually trying to stretch my hand feeling the glove while training.  

 Victoria and I exchange a couple of swings before she can utter a reply. "The thanks must be given to its tailor and the kingdom's enchanter." 

"Enchanter?" I ask giving her quite a blow but she was quick on getting up to her pace and successfully evaded my strike. "Yes, people who can enchant or cast on an item making it stronger or more durable. Your gloves are enchanted to concealing your powers. Although I do not know how long will it hold out. Such items usually don't last for long and your magic is growing stronger by time, princess." (Victoria) said while landing a strike in my waist making me flinch. She used the backside of her sword to make sure I wasn't that hurt but ow...

"Care to continue, princess?" (Victoria) asked of me as I didn't realize my butt landed on the ground after that strike. It seems like my legs can't keep up. "I believe that I should rest for a bit or do something different for today," I answered. 

"Very well then, Princess Elizabeth." She takes the other equipment and I help her clean it up. I would feel bad if I don't. I've gotten used to the harsh Victoria while training. It still amazes me how she can shift into two different personalities depending on the situation. If its job related she would be all serious and hard to read but when it's taking care of me she turns into a mushy soft marshmallow that lets her guard down too easily. 

After we were done cleaning, both of us needed a shower and that's what we did. Despite being five still, it appears that I'm having muscles... I try not to think much of it but I worry about how I might I look like in the future. 

A buff queen? Hmm doesn't sound too bad...

I got into my dress with the help of Victoria. "Aww, Princess Elizabeth! You're cute as always in that dress!" she exclaimed. I swear her mood changes are worse than periods. 

"Stop calling me cute! I hate it."

"Sure you do.  Lying is bad you know." (Victoria) said while having a sly smirk on her face.

"I'm not lying! Agh..." I looked in the mirror at horror and realize that she's so damn right. I'm cute and I wish I wasn't saying this. From my silver hair that's smooth as silk, grey silver eyes that can pierce through a person's character, and a petite body. I'm still short so that's an accounted plus cute points. 

I would say that I stand out a lot since hair colors are only blessed nobles or royalties. At least that's what I've heard. "Now, now. Princess Elizabeth, I believe you're free for this day. You've been working hard you deserve a break be happy." (Victoria) waved her hand at me. 

"Staying inside my room won't account me joyous," I say as I look out the window of my room. "You may be with me Victoria, to tell the tales of how's the life outside the palace but I wonder how really it is. I want to experience it for myself." I said while frowning. It's making me feel like I'm inside a cage all over again. It's making me sick...