Chapter 12: Race to melt the Ice Queen's heart.

3rd Person's POV

Prince Liam was only speechless to what has happened. She looked at Elizabeth, "So... I did not perceive you to have swung that way as well. Forgive me but are you really alright with the engagement?"

He asked as Elizabeth can only remain her composure making this ice bubble where she can't be easily broken or melted. "It is merely one-sided and I feel nothing for anyone. Including someone with the likes of you."

Elizabeth answered with this deadly gaze that says, 'Mind your own damn business bitch.'

Of course, Prince Liam didn't know and only thought of that as a cute gesture of a pout. He started feeling red, hot, and nervous. He couldn't think straight in his mind of a counter-attack on her words. "This arrangement is beneficial for both of our kingdoms and I tend to not let love or any kind of romantic feelings get in the way of the good of my kingdom."

Prince Liam smiled innocently as he stood up from his couch and bowed. "The tea was splendid and as much as I would love to stay, get to know you some more dearest fiance but I have matters to speak with some people."

He left for the door and closed it. He stops and rests his head on the door. "H-Ha... Hahaha... I-I can't believe I talked to a girl like that and I-I... did it without stuttering... I hope she thinks I'm at least cool..." (Prince Liam) whispered to himself and felt like he accomplished a huge goal in his life. His serious face was beet red as he tried to hold down the redness of his ears. He has never spoken to a girl like that before and he wanted to make a good first impression to his fiance, he read books of fairy tales that a princess would like a prince who was confident and sure of himself.

He was inspired, and when news that he was getting a fiance he was overjoyed but nonetheless nervous and worried that he will not be fit of a perfect prince like in the books he has read. After all, talking to a girl is no easy task. However, he did his best and that was good enough for him.

Feeling a deep please of relief his body started to relax and was about to walk away. "I see you're those type huh. If I'm being honest with you, I wasn't expecting that from you at all prince of something. You know they're all regal like Oooo they're so handsome, mysterious and cool. How they make me swoon." Althea said teasingly to the prince.

Prince Liam shrieked when a voice called out. "Y-You... I mean uh--- You." He let out his real self for a second before stopping and putting on a face no longer soft but intense.

It was Althea with the tray in her hands while her back leaned against the wall. "I'm kidding. No need to put up your walls now that I've seen them down little prince."

"I-I... Y-You have no evidence!" (Prince Liam) retorted trying his best to put back his serious and intense face but it just wasn't working. He was scared of what would this orphan do if she spread rumors to people or even tell his fiance! 'A-After all my hard work... I can't let this fall apart.'

The look of worry was obvious from his face as Althea picked that up she sighed and assured the prince. "Calm down, I don't have any bad intentions or anything. I just waited on you to say good luck." (Althea) said as she gave the shy prince a pat on the back.

"G-Good luck?" The prince asked without realizing.

"Good luck to whoever melts her heart first." (Althea) gave him a genuine smile and the prince was a bit hesitant but then decided to return the smile. "I guess we're rivals now." (Prince Liam)