Chapter 3: The Palace Library

Elizabeth's POV

*Pitter Patter Pitter Patter*

(Our Heroine seems to have been bolting through the halls as she tried not getting mad over twenty guards following her all over the hall as she tries to find the library.)

Even though I've been living here for three years I can't help but be amazed at how medieval-looking this is but with a hint of technology. If I'm going to live in this world I need to research more about the history, culture, and magic of this world.

"That goddess may plot something for me to die early so I must be prepared."

Also...

I'm old enough to walk by myself but must it be required for guards or knights to accompany me?! I already have Victoria who's a trained maid in case of danger but...

"Your highness we have a section of men at your service. Having 20 members by your side and will be there to protect you under the name of our king." 

They all lined up in a single row, saluted putting their fist into their chest chanting, "We are at your disposal, your highness!" And that just gave me the cringe...

I sighed. "I believe there is no need for that. Please, I would only need Victoria for she is more capable than protecting me."

I could see Victoria hide a little smirk of amusement on her face as if she's really observing my every move and words. She seems to be happy and takes it as a compliment so I'm fine with it.

"The council has ordered of this your highness so we cannot oblige to your request. I'm sorry but we'll be watching over you from now on but of course, you are still a child your highness so please leave this to us." (Guard)

"Well, this is just great..."

All this princess business seems to be too good to be true and my age is not helping me right now. Ever since that stinky goddess put me here it's been nothing but sheer boredom. I wonder if there are also reincarnated people like me here? I've read articles that other kingdoms had summonings of other human beings however there wasn't much info on that besides the council won't allow me to go outside so I can't visit them.

I even wonder if they were summoned at my time? My time was pretty advanced... And the article that was written of summoned heroes was over... 8 years ago in this world.

"I need a break..." I urged Victoria beside me to follow along and just ignored the knights or guards in tow. I may hate Victoria's lesson but not her entirely. I trust her more than anyone in this place so at least that's good.

Victoria just... creeps me out at times whenever she suddenly has nosebleeds... Her eyes gleam with something I can't describe but there's no bad intent coming out from her so she's not that horrible to be with.

"Where will we be going your highness?" The leader of the section asked.

"It's not we, whatever your name is. It's only going to be me and my maid. Please keep your noses out of my business! Hmph." I said bluntly and still, I can hear them saying aww, and calling me adorable...

Oh! what the hell?!

I CAN'T STAND IT!

I NEED SOME ALONE TIME AND I KNOW WHERE I CAN BE ALONE!

°∆°∆°∆°=∆°∆°∆°
(The Palace Private Library)

Now, this is my place to be where I will be expecting no noise and just pure... silence. We stand close to the door reluctant at opening it because these guards would probably follow me.