Chapter 8: The Street Kids.

Elizabeth's POV

I ran after the street kids. With every step, Ice forms all around me making it all slippery for anyone to follow me back or chase me. Does my magic react with my emotion? 

I have to apologize to Victoria once I get my food from these kids. 

When one of them finally noticed me they signaled to each other, "Formation 5 you guys! Separate! She has magic so be careful!" They all nodded at the same time and really did separate from each other. 

I still have my hood into my head so maybe they don't know I'm royalty yet... I'm so catching one of them. When they went to opposite directions I followed the one who took the crepe away from me and what I'm guessing that this child is the leader of this establishment. 

We both ran as fast as we could. She swooped into the dark alley as she knocked over the trash or any kind of debris in my way. However, with the physical body, I have now for a five-year-old I have the strength of an adolescent. 

But when I got out of the alleyway the child was already gone... 

I glanced around trying to figure out where else she could've gone to but... It seems like she escaped me. I sighed in defeat as I followed my ice trail hoping I would meet Victoria in the way. Which I did and her face was full of worry. 

She hugged me immediately when I was in her sight. "Princess! Don't ever go running off again or else I won't forgive myself!" (Victoria) said as she was hugging me.

It was tolerable and I suppose I would need to apologize for what I did... 

"I'm sorry..."

It was really a genuine apology... Without the cloak over my silver hair, I would've been found out I was the crown princess.

As for my magic after my anger was gone it seems like the Ice already melted on the road. So my magic really does respond over emotion... and it showed even without incantation!

Victoria still hasn't let go of me yet. I gave her time she needs and when she finally lets go of me, she offered to take me back to the palace at once because they might suspect some if they saw the us not there, Victoria would be in big trouble and I don't want that. 

As we silently walked back to the palace hand in hand because Victoria was scared that I might run off again into somewhere else and lose me again, I didn't complain nor refused the action. It was actually nice. 

But then I saw a familiar figure running through another alley. My eyes perked up and looked at Victoria. I tugged her hand over so we could stop walking. "What is it, princess? Did you see something you liked?" (Victoria)

It's more than that Victoria. "It's the child who took my crepe. I saw her go through that alley." I said as I pointed out to that dark alley. She looked over and gave me a confused look. "How peculiar... That alley leads all the way into the canals. Why would children be there? We have a public orphanage for any kids who don't have a family not too far from here only hours away from here... The late Queen, your mother, even established that idea and funded it." (Victoria)

Mother did that? She's really a nice person to do that. Most Queens don't even care about their kingdom and being a public figure was enough of a job for them. I guess mother was different.

But concerns about the children. If there was a public orphanage to care for them why would they even go to the canals? And my gut tells me to investigate it. "Victoria, let's follow-through. That child can't be that far."