Chapter 19: Cold but Warm.

3rd Person's POV

Elizabeth wakes up at the light coming from her window hurting her eyes, groaning that she's going to be back from royal duties.

"Nala, move. I can't... get up..." (Elizabeth) felt the huge weight of her familiar on her stomach as she tried standing up.

The tiger half asleep just licks her master in the face and went back to sleep. "Nala, if you don't get up. I'll throw you."

Nala pretended like she didn't hear her master and just snored. "I have always wondered cats land on their feet but what about tigers?"

From the tone of Elizabeth's voice she was serious, finally giving up Nala moves her body away from her master so she could stand up. "Mreoww..."

"You know I'm a morning person and I can't afford to be late as the Crown princess." (Elizabeth) draws her own bath as she quickly fixed herself and picked the outfit for the day.

Elizabeth being the introvert she is prefers talking to animals now apparently. "Mreow mreow." (Nala) said sarcastically.

Elizabeth rolled her eyes at her familiar as she browsed through her closet for anything fitting. She took on a white dress that was only knew long with blue heels as she called in for her maid to fix her hair.

Olivia opens the door to find the princess already at her seat in front of her huge mirror, "Olivia, braid my hair."

The maid nods and gets her hair done quickly and with poise. One thing from knowing her highness is that she doesn't like to waste any time at all. "All done, your highness."

"Thank you, Olivia. You are to accompany me with my duties today as well as Nala." (Elizabeth) said standing up from the soft chair, she turns to her familiar who just yawns and wags her tail lazily.

"Nala. Let's go."

Nala stretches as she rolls her eyes licking her paw before being with Elizabeth's side.

.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.

The three of them walked together in tandem as Elizabeth opens the door to her study seeing the stacks of papers on her desk and a guard standing not too far away looking at her book collection in awe.

"Althea, what are you doing here?"

Althea was holding a thin book on her hands but as soon as Elizabeth noticed her she panics and puts it back to where she got it. "Ah. Princess, sorry I got... curious on what books you read these days."

Elizabeth sighs seeing Althea with her guard uniform, "You're one of my 'supposed' to be bodyguard sent by the council?"

Althea nods happily smiling, "Yep. So expect me to never leave by your side everyday!"

Elizabeth ignores her and sits at her desk taking a document from one of the top stacks of papers, "Don't touch anything that's not yours." she warned Althea voice being serious.

Nala growls by her side by the words of her master to Althea. The tiger hates people who trespass the territory to which her master owns.

Althea shrugs and just nods thinking it's better to earn her trust back before doing anything too much for Elizabeth. Olivia eyes Althea weirdly before walking up to the princess who was busy with the documents.

"Your highness. Would you like some tea while you work?" (Olivia) asks Elizabeth who just nods. "Right away, your highness."

The maid leaves the two of them alone well not alone because Nala is watching Althea like a hawk.