Diary of Victoria Crumwell (Part 7)

Dearest Diary,

I'm afraid of what the future holds for us but I have to be honest, I'm certainly excited for new adventures that await me. Especially now that Im in a new relationship. It might have been a fast decision to quickly move on from my old relationship but it just felt right.

I felt happy these days and it makes me want to be in a mood to work as I wrote letters to be sent back home.

Things truly have been a blessing.

Yours,
Victoria

.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.

As I arrived at the military camp soldiers saluted and welcomed me back.

Perks of killing a Demon General I suppose. I got off my carriage and carried my luggage. I left some of my clothes and medals I earned back home to decorate my room before coming back here. So it felt light.

I scratched my choker again as I felt nervous being back.

And that forgetting my ex also worked here. Nikolai welcomed me but it was rather cold. "Welcome back, Captain Crumwell." He said saluting.

I saluted back and walked into the new office that King Alastor gave me. I forgot he included that in the letter. I suppose it's better than the barracks where the floor is cold and there wasn't much room to walk in.

"Captain. You're being summoned by the King in his office. He said he needed to tell you something urgent." A newbie soldier reported as he saluted and I sighed.

"Tell him. I'll be there. I can walk there on my own so no need to escort me." I responded. He nods in understanding and left.

I took off of my clothes and wore my uniform and rugged old armor I never ended up replacing. At least I have a new sword to make up for it.

I placed it onto my hips on the hilt. I unsheathed the sword inspecting the blade again. Admiring its craftsmanship and calculated how expensive it must've been on making this. Surely a sword that can absorb magic and release it is too overpowering. If been given in the wrong hands I'm afraid of what this weapon could do.

A blade like this needs to have a worthy name. Hmm. I'll call it, "[Ferre Letum blade]". A perfect name for a blade that  will bring death and consumes magic of its wielder as it pleases. Even as I'm holding it now by its hilt, I feel the blade eating my own Mana little by little.

I have to tell Queen Ameria about this  just to let her know.

I walked through the halls and into the King's office. I knocked on the door three times hearing King Alastor's welcome, "Come in."

"Pardon the intrusion." I opened the door and saluted to his highness. His face looked a little pale and tired. Though before I left he looked fine, well even. Has things been hectic when I was gone? "Captain Victoria Crumwell at your presence, your highness."

He nodded ushering for me to sit down on the chair in front of him and I followed. "Victoria, I'm glad you came back. Things without you here have been so hectic."

I kept a straight face as he told me all the things that happened the month I was gone. The demons doubled their attacks, brought in more weapons, and called reinforcements. "A new Demon General has been sighted as well. Must've been the replacement of the last one you have slain."