Chapter 4 - Naive Little Girl

Enjoy Don't forget to vote and comment ❤️

One Week Later

~ Daniela's POV ~

It was safe to say Carson and I were never going to get along.

Ever.

We'd been in that room for a week now and still, he hadn't gotten over his unnecessary and unexplained hatred of me.

Sure, every night we slept in the same bed together like we did on the first night but we didn't speak to one another. Carson did me a favour by holding me in his arms to keep me warm during the night and I gave him some of my food when it came to meal times to pay him back for that.

We just co-existed with one another I guess you could say, but there was hardly ever any interaction. He made it very clear how he felt about me through his silence, there was no mistaking it - he hated me.

As the 'games', as George called them, continued every two days, over the week Carson's condition got progressively worse. His body and his injuries weren't given nearly enough time to heal, so every punch and every kick hurt him that much more and took more out of him.

The cold wasn't helping either. Our room was so cold, it just made you feel lethargic and tired being in there, like all your energy was being redirected to keeping you warm.

Each time we went into that room Carson got worse and and worse and the third time he entirely passed out once we got back to the room.

But still, he wouldn't allow me to tell them to stop. The couple of times that I came close to it during the games, the warning glares he gave me were enough to stop me. It's not like I agreed with him though and there was no way I was going to let him off without giving him a piece of my mind. After the first time he passed out when we got back to the room, we had one of our rare conversations when he finally woke up.

If you could call it a conversation, that is.

Flashback

When neither of us broke the stare down we'd been having for the last thirty seconds, I let out a frustrated sigh, taking a step towards him.

I'd already tried talking calmly with this unreasonable human, now I was going to put it bluntly to him instead.

"Carson please listen to me. You need to let me stop them next time it's not safe for you."

"Okay, why don't you get this through your head - it's not your damn place to protect me. It has nothing to do with you Daniela."

I couldn't help but let out a scoff which just caused him to glare at me, again.

"It has nothing to do with me? I have to watch them beat the crap out of you!"

"Lucky you, now please would you kindly shut the hell up."

And ladies and gentleman that was the end of that conversation.

I let out a frustrated sigh when the men dropped Carson down onto the bed where he lay, bruised and bloody after the fourth time we went through these stupid games. This time he passed out while he was still tied up in that stupid room. Honestly it felt like I was alone most of the time since he was either unconscious or asleep trying to let his body recover.

For the last few days Carson had been rubbing his neck and although he hadn't said it, I knew it because of the tiny little bed we were sharing. Judging by the way he was currently passed out on the bed, I knew I'd have to listen to him mumble and curse to himself later if I didn't adjust him now. Just as I was about to take a step towards the bed, the sound of a voice behind me stopped me in my tracks.