Part 2: Chapter 21 - I'm Scared

Just as a side note, I'm already prepared for all the usual kind of toxic relationship comments (somehow I still get these even when I make sure characters have the best relationship ever 😭) but please try to keep and open mind and understand that they're being thrown into a crazy life in the mafia when they get back to NYC.

I think wattpad romantices the mafia a little too much, that shit is scary asf, which is why for my next book I'm definitely going to try and write one which is a little more authentic on how the mafia actually is.

This is another side note but for my final year at university next year I get to write my own history paper on any topic so I chose the history of the mafia - somehow I managed to intertwine my writing on wattpad with my degree 😭 I think I'm obsessed.

Anywayyyyy,

Enjoy! Don't forget to vote and comment ❤️

Part 2

~ Daniela's POV ~

By the time we reached New York City, thanks to the early start we had this morning at 6am, it was only 7pm.

I don't know why but I assumed we would go straight to Carson's home, I guess I should have known he'd want to go and see his friends first.

"I can take you home if you want first, but if we take this road we'll get to Long Island quicker."

"Long Island?"

"Yeah, I own a house there. It's kind of like our base, we conduct all our business from there and train there. My top men live there too."

Nodding my head, I looked out the window at the highway we were on just to take a moment to think.

I knew it would be better for me and my anxiety if I asked Carson to take me home first, but I also knew I'd have to meet his friends at some point. At least this way I'd have him with me, and because it was so late in the day, I assumed we wouldn't be there for very long.

"You don't have to take me home, I'll come with you."

"Are you sure baby? I can always introduce you to them another time."

"No, it's okay. I'd rather get it out of the way and then go home with you." That's all I wanted was to go home with him. I even had a surprise for him, like I said I assumed we would go home tonight.

When he glanced over at me I gave him a small smile which he returned. "I'll be right by your side the entire time, don't worry I promise nothing bad is going to happen. We'll only be there for a bit then we'll go home."

Some time passed by while Carson drove the extra 45 minutes that it took to get to Long Island while I just sat there trying to calm my anxiety. I wasn't exactly dressed to make the best first impression in my leggings and oversized hoodie, especially when I knew these people were filthy rich.

If they were anything like Carson then I knew they'd all be dressed head to toe in designer clothes while I was here wearing a hoodie that said 'Columbia University' that I'd found in my old room in Ohio.

I guess I bought it back when I got accepted in to college, when I thought I would have the time of my life living in New York City. Little did I know I would end up meeting the devil a few weeks into my time at Columbia and, well you know the rest.