Chapter 23 - I Just Put Fresh Underwear On

~ Daniela's POV ~

"Why do you want to talk so bad?"

"Because you need to." As I spoke, pulling out of his embrace, I went into the bathroom telling him to give me a minute. Taking those few minutes in the bathroom I brushed my teeth and did my business to get ready for bed. When I was done I came back into the bedroom noticing the frown he gave I went over to the bed, pulling back the covers.

"Come on." When I gestured for him to get in the bed next to me he let out a frustrated sigh, getting up from his place at the edge of the bed. Getting into the bed I watched him first close the door to the living room before he turned off the lights, leaving the lamps by the bed sides on.

Yes, the light switch was also connected to the lamps because he was that rich.

When he finally got into the bed next to me, he very rudely picked his phone up checking the notifications on his lock-screen. I chose to give him some time to realise how rude he was being but when he didn't, I cleared my throat, giving him a look when he turned his head to look at me.

"Put it down."

"I'm not a child Dani, don't give me orders and I don't need a freaking therapy session so why don't you just go to sleep."

This time when I just held his stare, refusing to back down he let out a frustrated sigh, tossing his phone onto the bed, leaning back into the pillows against the headboard.

"Hurry up then."

"Why do you get so angry? You weren't this bad when I used to want to talk when we were locked in that room."

Carson shook his head, keeping his eyes focused anywhere but me when he responded.

"It was easier then."

"Why?" When I questioned him almost instantly, he turned to look at me giving me a cold look. When I still refused to back down he finally responded.

"You said it once before, in New York I'm the boss of the mafia and when we were there and in the woods, I wasn't."

"So you think that just because you're the boss of the mafia that you don't have to talk to me?"

I knew I was frustrating him but honestly, that was the last thing on my mind.

We had our argument earlier, and we may have sort of talked about the whole thing with Chloe and his fight with Grey, but we hadn't talked about how easily he got angry and frustrated in that room downstairs.

I wasn't going to let him get used to treating me like that on a regular basis. This was the first time it ever got so bad and I was determined to get to the bottom of it to stop it from happening again.

"I never said that Daniela-"

"No but that's what you meant." When I cut him off his expression told me he was getting close to losing it all over again which scared me more than I liked to admit.

"Carson you need to talk to me. You told me you were sorry for treating me so bad at the start when we first met but you did it again today. You have no idea how much I want to hate you for what happened but I know it was only because of what's going on in your head. If you're not honest with me then I..."

"Then you what?"

"I can't be with you." Those words surprised me as much as they surprised him, but I guess I was just being honest. At least one of us was. He didn't say anything for a while, instead just staring at me with a guarded expression, even hiding his anger now.