Chapter 3 - Tie Them Up

Enjoy...don't forget to vote and comment

~ Daniela's POV ~

I held his stare for a few seconds before I eventually took a step away from him, creating a much needed gap between us.

"I guess one day I'll find out."

Carson clenched his jaw, keeping his eyes locked with mine before he suddenly walked past me. I turned my head to watch him as he grabbed a towel and the T-shirt and sweatpants they'd given him before going into the bathroom.

While he was gone, I dropped down on the bed, letting out a shaky breath. For someone I'd only just met, he really did have a huge effect on me and my emotions.

I didn't understand why he was being so...nasty? If you could call telling an absolute stranger that you'll kill them if they talk to you nasty.

While he was taking a shower, I used that time alone to just try and calm myself down while also processing the situation.

I had no clue where I was, I didn't know the people who had taken me, and I had no clue who Carson was and yet, I was now locked in a room with him.

After all that I'd been through with Ayden, being locked in a room with someone who seemed a lot more dangerous than Ayden wasn't exactly comforting for me.

It was the complete opposite actually, my anxiety levels suddenly shot up just thinking about what could happen behind this locked door where there were no witnesses - no one who would help me.

Although I was trying my best to keep a confident front up, inside I was slowly but surely crumbling. I was absolutely terrified of Carson and also of George who was the leader of this whole operation. He could have been the leader of a gang or something for all I knew. I really had no clue what I'd just got myself caught up in.

By the time Carson came out of the bathroom, I was still sitting on the bed but I was now leaning against the wall, gripping the pendant of my necklace in my hand for some amount of comfort. When I heard him enter, I quickly wiped away the tears that had fallen down my cheeks although I was hiding my face from him.

Hearing his footsteps come closer to me, I lifted my head to look at him, causing him to stop dead in his tracks with a concerned expression on his face. For what felt like the millionth time that day we just stared at each other in silence. His eyes were so captivating, like they held so many secrets, so much pain that he tried to hide away.

Like they say, the eyes are the windows to the soul.

Just from the concern and the sudden flash of guilt across his face, something in the back of my head told me that he wasn't as bad as he was allowing me to think he was. It was like that little voice in the back of my head was telling me don't write him off just yet.

Although I have no clue why.

Before he could try to speak to me, the sound of the door unlocking caught our attention. Carson stepped closer to me, although he still kept a good distance between us while I just wiped my cheeks again, hoping that no one else but him would know I had been crying.

I awkwardly cleared my throat when George walked in with the same man who brought the first aid kit to us and then threatened Carson. They looked between the two of us, doing a double take on me before George let out a laugh.