Chapter 46 - Forever And A Million Times Over

The last chapter before the epilogue 😭😭😭

I hope you all enjoy, don't forget to vote and comment ❤️

~ Daniela's POV ~

Walking through the hallways, Carson stopped to check in the torture room to see if Grey and Fox were done with their task. Of course they were since they didn't need to be told twice to kill someone.

After we left the torture room, Carson and I made our way through the hallway in the basement, heading upstairs. "So you and Fox were-"

"We're absolutely not talking about that Carson." When I quickly cut him off he let out a sigh, throwing an arm around my shoulders. "Let it go Dani."

"No."

"It's been months. You're both miserable and he's sorry, just-"

"He hasn't said sorry." When I cut him off again I stopped in my tracks turning to face him, my actions causing his arm to drop to his side. "He's not sorry Carson, he's never said it. Even when I had a go at him at the hospital in the elevator, he didn't say a word to me."

"Give him a chance to do it properly then, maybe not in an elevator. Dani he came to the hospital to make sure you were okay and today he left to check on you. He does care, he's just not the best at apologising."

I knew he might have cared about me once and maybe a small part believes he does still care a little bit now. But the bigger, smarter part of me didn't have any hope.

"He has to do more than just apologise to me Carson and even then, I won't ever forgive him."

Although I said it as stubbornly as humanly possible and with a glare, Carson held my stare for a moment before he eventually cracked a smile. "Okay so we both know that's a lie."

"Carson-"

"You've let go of this place, right?" When he cut me off, I took a moment before I eventually let out a sigh nodding my head. "I guess."

"So move on from everything bad. Just let it go, don't hold onto it. Life is too short and too important to spend being mad at someone. He was hurting Dani, it's not an excuse but for both your sakes, maybe it's time to move on." I knew he had a point, even though it irritated me to know he was right, I couldn't exactly deny it. "I'll think about it, okay?"

When he nodded his head, I started walking down the hallway again only to be stopped when he pulled me into his arms. "I want a hug."

"I don't care, let's go." So maybe I was never the best at hiding when I was annoyed with someone.

"Don't be mad at me." The fact that he was clearly so amused by it just annoyed me even more, causing me to glare at him. "I'm not."

"No?"

"No." When I spoke with finality in my tone, he smirked at me before he pulled me up against him, wrapping his arms around me. For a moment we just stood there embracing in the deserted hallway in the basement, before he eventually let me go.

"Wasn't that nice?" I could still hear the amusement in his tone as we continued walking, the rest of our walk being in silence after I shot him a glare.

By the time we finally got upstairs and outside, both Grey and Fox were waiting for us by the car. They also looked like they'd changed their shirts and cleaned up a little since they were no longer covered in blood like my boyfriend was.