Chapter 19 - Are You Trying To Ask Me Something?

Enjoy! Don't forget to vote and comment ❤️

~ Daniela's POV ~

Up until Carson woke up in the early hours of the morning that night was pure bliss. We were finally somewhere of our own, somewhere safe. Not to mention the fact that I spent the night in Carson's arms which made it so much better. For the last few weeks that I'd known him, whenever I slept in the same bed as him I just felt so...safe.

I just hoped he felt the same, after the nightmare he had I had no clue how he was feeling.

While I lay there next to him, I took the time to admire him and his perfect lips and nose, the way his eyelashes cast a shadow over his perfect cheekbones that were defined by his 5 o'clock shadow. He seemed so peaceful now compared to earlier, he wasn't frowning or looking like he was in pain or under pressure.

He just looked so relaxed.

He was so perfect and I was so lucky to be lying there with him at that moment.

"Didn't you ever learn that it's rude to stare?"

So he had a freaking sixth sense or something.

"I wasn't staring I was just-"

"Continuously admiring my face for a long period of time?"

"Exactly." His lips twitched up into a smile before he finally opened his eyes, revealing his beautiful brown orbs. Reaching my hand out gently traced my thumb over a small scar just below the corner of his right eye.

"Did you have a good sleep baby?"

I didn't want to ask him out right if he was okay after the nightmare, something told me he'd want to pretend it didn't happen.

And that's exactly what he did.

In response to my question he nodded his head before he took my hand bringing it to his lips to place a kiss on my palm.

"I did, but this girl I know was driving me crazy in my dreams. She was so damn beautiful."

When he gave me a smirk, I rose an eyebrow at him bringing my face in closer to his.

"Well, I'm sure if you used that cheesy line on her it wouldn't help you to get in her pants."

His smirk only widened in response as he closed the gap, faintly brushing his lips against mine when he spoke.

"Oh trust me baby, I have so many other lines to try out that by the end, she'll be putty in my hands and if not, well there's always the wink. It knocks the sass right out of her."

Before I could try to come back with some sass as he calls it, he pressed his lips to mine. Moving in closer to him I kissed his soft lips and within moments he deepened the kiss, pushing me gently so that I was lying flat on my back while he leaned over me, placing his hand on my waist.

"Not now, later."

When I turned my head to the side to break the kiss, he let out groan as he nuzzled his face into my neck.

"Dani you're the first woman on this planet who has me chasing after her. I don't like waiting."

"Oh stop whining, I'm not making you wait until marriage, just a little bit longer." When I mentioned marriage, Carson lifted his head to look at me with a teasing smile.