Chapter 30 - I'm Not Broken

⚠️ Warning - this chapter contains mentions of sexual abuse. Please read with caution. ⚠️

Don't forget to vote and comment ❤️

~ Daniela's POV ~

"Carson...baby I should go."

"Hm...really?" I felt him smirk against my skin, loosening his grip on my hair before he eventually pulled away, bringing his lips close to mine. "I'll text you when we're leaving but it will probably be about 7pm."

Nodding my head, I pressed a kiss to his lips before I quickly stood up, grabbing his empty pasta plate will leaving the pastry there for him. When I took a step towards the door I heard him speak again in a much lower voice causing me to stop. "Or maybe 6pm."

When I turned my head back to look at him, I felt my cheeks redden when I saw his gaze focused firmly on my behind in my jeans. Shaking my head, I walked away hearing his laughter fade behind me as I left his office heading back downstairs.

Just after I'd taken the plate back to Giana in the kitchen, not forgetting to tell her how much Carson loved her food, I heard a weird tapping sound by the front door when I entered the entry hall again. Looking around at the rarely empty hallway, the only other sound that I could hear was Grey speaking to the members of the Hollande Family somewhere in one of the meeting rooms downstairs.

He didn't exactly sound happy either.

Letting out a sigh, I walked towards the front door where the odd, soft tapping was still coming from, unlocking it to open it. When I opened it at first I thought I was just hearing things when I didn't see anyone standing there, but then something lower down on the floor caught my eye.

My eyes widened as I stared at the little girl who couldn't have been older than three clutching a stuffed monkey in her hand as she looked up at me. Lifting my gaze away from her I tried to look around for any guards who I could get some kind of information from but they were all at the bottom of the drive by the gates.

"Apa?" When she spoke in a soft inquisitive tone I looked down at her again, trying to hide my total confusion as best as I could. "Um...hi..."

I love children, but I've never had a chance to be around babies before, I had no clue what to do.

"Apa?" When she repeated the same word that I couldn't understand, I eventually bent down so that I was at her height. "What's your name baby?"

When she heard my question she looked at me for a moment with her big brown eyes, holding onto her stuffed toy before she eventually gave me a shy smile.

"Sara. You?"

"I'm Dani, it's nice to meet you. What are you doing here Sara?" I mean, it probably wasn't the best question to ask her but I honestly had no clue what the hell was going on. "Apa."

"I don't..." Before I could try to explain to her that I didn't know what in the world she was saying, the sound of shouting somewhere in the house caught my attention causing me to turn around. While I was distracted by the noise she let out a whimper at the sound, causing me to turn back to face her.

"It's okay, don't worry." I reached out to take her free hand in mine which prompted her to come in closer to me before I stood up to my full height.

"Come inside." Listening to my instruction she stepped inside, allowing me to close the door as the shouting became even louder. Within seconds she let out another whimper as she stepped even closer to my leg, clutching her stuffed monkey to her chest.