Chapter 22 - I'm Losing Control

Double update today?

Don't forget to vote and comment ❤️

~ Carson's POV ~

"You've already got trouble in paradise?"

As soon as Dani left with Aviana, Fox was already making his stupid jokes but I was too concerned about my girlfriend to take any notice of him.

I tried not to look at her after Chloe kissed me, I didn't want to see the look on her face. I know I screwed up the moment I didn't push Chloe away and instead put my hands on her waist, but it was only because I would have fallen back into Daniela which would have hurt her.

I went into shock the moment I realised I'd done what I was so afraid of doing. I told her that night one of the biggest reasons I'd never had a girlfriend was because of my lifestyle and my job, but that wasn't the only one.

The moment my thoughts went back to that stupid kiss, I turned my head to see Chloe still standing there. I was just itching to grab one of the many guns hidden in that room and shoot her with it.

"Why the hell are you still here?"

"Can we talk? Carson I love you and-"

"And you know now that he has a girlfriend so get the hell out, we have almost five weeks of drinking to catch up on." When she heard Grey's cold tone she finally got the hint and left the room closing the door behind herself.

Letting out a frustrated sigh I dropped down on the couch while Grey and Fox came and sat down too bringing two bottles of scotch with them. Once they'd finally poured three glasses, we each took one and I savoured every sip of it before I refilled my glass.

I wanted to down that one too but I thought it was better to pace myself, especially with all the thoughts about the kiss going through my head at that moment.

"So you want to tell us what happened?"

At least they waited for me to finish my first drink before they asked.

"I was kidnapped, I escaped and now I'm here, the end." I mumbled the words before I took a sip of my drink, watching when Grey leaned closer to Fox just for show since he said his words loud enough for me to hear.

"He's in a bad mood."

"It's probably a lack of sex, he seems tense." I lowered my glass, narrowing my eyes at Fox when he smirked at me.

"Or maybe it's his masculinity being threatened, did you hear how his girlfriend put him in his place?"

"He became a pussy the moment he got a girlfriend."

"Are you two done?" When I finally reacted, they both burst into laughter while I just sat there patiently waiting for them to shut the hell up before I finally told them the story.

I really wasn't in the mood and they were just making it worse.

"George had his men trap me on some street in Manhattan then they ambushed me and my guards never showed up."

"They were all dead Carson. When we found out what happened we found them a street away, both cars were totalled."

I nodded my head in response to Grey, letting out a sigh. That's exactly what I thought had happened, like I told Dani once, if you're given a job in the mafia you do it. My guards were also the best of the best so the only reason they would have screwed it up is if they were dead.