Chapter 24 - I'd Follow You Anywhere

Double update again?

Enjoy this chapter Don't forget to vote and comment ❤️

~ Carson's POV ~

I should have swallowed my anger, pride, arrogance and every other freaking emotion and just spoken to her.

But unlike her I wasn't actually good at talking and getting people to talk. Last night when I was angry, she took every hurtful thing I said, she ignored every attempt I made at trying to shut her down. She somehow managed to ignore it all and she just kept pushing me to talk to her.

I didn't have her patience. I wasn't like her, I wasn't used to dealing with other people's emotions like that. I wasn't used to having my whole day and mood depend on someone else's. The moment I felt her become annoyed, it changed everything inside me. Just like when she smiled, anything bad that happened that day suddenly didn't matter anymore.

It was her. Somehow, at some point along the way my world suddenly began to revolve around her.

So I told her to leave, even though I didn't want that. I wanted to introduce her to my mom, I wanted her with me when I explained everything to my mom. Some stupid part of me didn't think she'd actually go.

I thought she'd just calm down and finish her damn latte and come upstairs when she was ready. But when the doorman downstairs called me at 2:40pm to tell me that my mom was here, Dani was nowhere to be found.

"Carson?"

When I heard my mom's voice call out from the elevator, I let out a frustrated sigh as I left the kitchen heading towards the elevator. I found Dani's purse on the floor with her empty coffee cup on the coffee table but apart from that, she was gone.

Rounding the corner, I saw my mother standing by the closed elevator doors giving me a glare. It wasn't one of those motherly glares that she gave me when she was telling me off, it was one of those glares that told me I'd hurt her.

And it just made the guilt I felt even worse.

"Mom. You're early." When she heard my words as I walked towards her, she let out a scoff putting down her purse and taking her jacket off to hang it up.

"Sorry to disappoint you, son."

"I didn't mean it like that, I just have something I need to deal with right now and-"

"Well whatever it is, it's going to have to wait. It's been five weeks since I spoke to you, so you're going to sit down and explain to me why."

Before I could try to stop her, she walked into the open plan area of my apartment, heading over to the couch where I'd left Dani sitting half an hour ago.

"You have a girl here?" Following behind her, I watched as she stopped, staring at Dani's purse and the coffee cup with the lipstick marks on.

"No, well, yes but-"

"You're too busy to talk to me because of a girl?" When she said it like that, the anger biting into her tone, I let out a frustrated sigh as I went over to pick up the two items.

"Just sit down mama." Putting Dani's purse to the side on the floor, I went into the kitchen, putting the cup on the counter before I grabbed two water bottles from the fridge. Heading back into the living area where my mother was sitting, I handed her a bottle before I sat down on the couch across from her.