Chapter 16 - I Can Hold Your Hand

Enjoy! Don't forget to vote and comment ❤️

~ Daniela's POV ~

"So when we get this truck, what's the plan?"

"The guy said it won't do well on motorways so I guess the first thing we need to do is get a better car in an actual shop. Then, I guess we just drive. I have a house in LA, I was thinking of going there for a couple of days before going home."

I nodded my head in understanding, letting out a tired yawn while Carson pulled me into him allowing me to rest my head on his chest.

So far, that morning ever since we woke up, had breakfast and made our way to the garage where we could get the car, we hadn't really stuck to the friendship agreement we made.

We kind of did, since we hadn't kissed again, but everything had definitely changed between us. Carson took every opportunity he could to hold me or hug me or even just hold my hand and honestly, I wasn't complaining.

I needed the comfort too.

"Can we look for trains to Ohio on the way?"

"Trains?" Carson suddenly pulled away from me, keeping his arms around me as he looked at me. "Yeah, I'll just catch a train. It's the quickest way to get home."

He looked like he was going to say something, probably talk me out of it but he didn't instead just choosing to let out a sigh.

"Yeah, okay." He nodded his head although it didn't take a genius to know he wasn't happy. "It has to happen Carson."

"I can drive you to Iowa."

"No, and it's Ohio." I instantly shook my head declining his offer which he took absolutely no notice of.

"Yes."

"Carson no."

"Why not?" When he rose a challenging an eyebrow at me, I let out a sigh, pulling out of his arms completely.

"So you want me to come with you to LA, which will take days by the way. Then you want me to spend time with you there before you drive me to Ohio which will take another few days? Carson you know it will only make it harder on both of us at the end."

"But I-...I'm not ready to say goodbye to you yet."

"It's not goodbye, I'll see you again Carson." I tried to give him a smile which completely failed, causing him to frown at me. "See, you're sad too."

"Of course I am. But it doesn't change the facts."

"Baby just think about it-"

"Stop calling me that." When I cut him off giving him a stern look he just gave me one of his breath taking smiles, pulling me back into him again. "You'll always be my baby, Trouble."

Just as I narrowed my eyes at the use of the nickname I absolutely hated, the sound of footsteps approaching us stopped me from giving him a piece of my mind.

"The truck is ready for you. But it will be 2000 dollars to pay first."

"What? Two grand? The things can't even go on the fu-"

Quickly cutting off Carson, I stepped out of his arms turning to look at the guy who seemed less than impressed at Carson's choice of words.

"Is there anyway you could bring the price down, even just a little bit?" His hard gaze shifted away from Carson and towards me causing me to muster up a friendly smile. "Please?"