Chapter 37 - You Kept Me Alive

⚠️ Warning - This chapter contains strong mentions of depression and suicide as well as sexual assault and mentions of rape. Please read with caution. ⚠️

I know it's been ages since I updated, thank you for your patience! I will explain more in the authors note at the end ❤️

I hope you enjoy this chapter, don't forget to vote and comment

~ Daniela's POV ~

"Look at her."

"I don't need to, I can hear her just fine, she's breathing like freaking Darth Vader."

That's not very nice.

"So you know she's not well enough to go shopping with you then."

"She can make her own decisions, she's a grown woman Carson."

"No she's not."

"Okay that's not fair, I'm 21 years old." When I jumped in Carson responded to me without even glancing in my direction. "Shut up Dani."

Letting out a huff I leaned back into the headboard of the bed watching Carson and Aviana argue like they had been for the last five minutes.

"What are you? Her daddy? She doesn't need your permission." Of course her words caused him to glare at her as he clenched his jaw. "Just leave it for another time, she can't even get out of bed."

Finally she backed down sending Carson one last glare before she angrily stormed out of our bedroom leaving me alone with him. The moment she left he rolled his eyes at her dramatic exit before he came back over to the bed getting in next to me as he opened his laptop again.

"You didn't have to get so mad." When I muttered the words he turned his eyes away from the document he was reading on his laptop to look at me. "You have a freaking fever and you've been in bed all day, there's no way I'm going to let you go wandering around a damn mall with her."

"Sorry daddy." When I added that word with emphasis, his eyes met mine as he smirked leaning in closer to me. As he closed the gap he brought his lips to my ear whispering his response to me.

"That would have been so much sexier if you really weren't breathing like Darth Vader right now." When I heard his words come out in an amused tone, I pushed him away from me causing him to laugh.

"That's not funny." When I turned my attention back to the TV across from the bed I felt his eyes on me as I frowned. "Do you think I'm gross because of my cold?"

I kept my eyes on the TV to avoid his gaze although I could feel his eyes on me. He didn't say anything for a moment before he put his laptop aside and moved in closer to me, pulling me into his arms.

"I was only joking baby. I think you're perfect in every single way. You being sick doesn't change that."

"You promise?" When I gave him a sad frown he smiled nodding his head as he moved some hair away from my face. "I promise baby. I don't think you're gross, I actually find most of it really freaking funny."

And that was the end of his cuteness.

"Don't do that." When I pouted my lips he just let out a laugh pressing a soft kiss to my lips. "I love you."

"Enough to watch a movie with me?" Even though I'd been watching movies all day, he'd been working all day barely paying attention to the TV.