Chapter 43 - Good Luck In Hell

I think this is the longest chapter I've ever written 😭 I hope you enjoy!

Don't forget to vote and comment ❤️

~ Daniela's POV ~

Christmas Day passed in a blur, we didn't actually end up celebrating or doing anything with Grey, Fox and Aviana at all, which is what they would have usually done. Instead Carson and I just stayed home in our bed for the entire day. We even ate in bed, which was always a big no from me.

Too many crumbs.

After that, the next day Carson and I went to the funeral home to plan the funeral although I did most of the talking since Carson would either just keep swearing at the poor guy or he just chose to stay silent so that he could keep control of his emotions as best as he could.

Apparently in the mafia funerals were encouraged to happen as quickly as possible after someone died. Carson said it was a sign of respect - the person, or in this case people, died for the mafia or because of the mafia and so they deserved to be put to rest as soon as possible.

So that meant the day of the funeral came around much faster than I expected. We went on the 26th of December to organise it and then we had one day in between which I spent mostly alone unsuccessfully trying to plan how I was going to take the Irish Mob down. I did come up some ideas but I guess they weren't that good.

Carson's idea of blowing all of their warehouses and businesses up at the same time to weaken them beyond repair, and then killing Atticus and Ayden was better than my best idea of hiring a hit man to kill them.

When I suggested that idea to Grey he told me the mafia didn't hire hitmen because they were already the hitmen. He wasn't very impressed with my suggestion to say the least.

The following day - the 27th of December was the day of the funeral where Carson's closest family and friends would be in attendance along with some of the top mafia officials.

"Are you ready?" When I stepped into the closet, my eyes landed on Carson who was staring at himself in the mirror dressed in a black suit. "No."

When he responded to me, his words coming out barely above a whisper, I stepped towards him coming into view in the reflection of the mirror. "It's two hours my baby, just two. Just be strong, hold my hand and we'll get through it - together."

Placing my hand on his arm I rubbed it soothingly through the expensive material of his suit and then he finally turned to look at me allowing me to see his tired, red eyes. I knew he barely slept and he'd also been crying a lot too, but unfortunately this was probably the hardest part of the whole grief process - the funeral.

"I don't know how I could ever get through this without you."

"You don't have to think about that, I'm never going to leave you." As I spoke I pulled him in for a hug, holding him in my arms for a moment before I finally let go. Taking a step away from him I went over to the drawer in the dressing room where he kept all his sunglasses, taking out my favourite black pair to give them to him as I grabbed my purse.

"Do you need anything else?" At this he only shook his head, putting the sunglasses on to cover his eyes from everyone else at the funeral. Once we grabbed our coats since it was freezing outside, we headed downstairs and out to his car.

The six minute drive felt like it went by faster than ever before as we pulled up to the gated house where I could already see both hearses in front of the house along with numerous black cars and security dotted around pretty much everywhere.