Chapter 31

Abruptly, Sizhui felt something poking at his shoulder. He turned around to find Jingyi probing at him with an elbow. However, Jingyi's focus was at the top of the stairway, where the Koi Tower resided. "He's coming." Jingyi whispered.

Hearing that, Sizhui turned back around to face the Koi Tower.

A man in mesmerizing violet robes stepped out from the Koi Tower; the double doors held open by spare maidservants. The man's purple ribbon was tied around his bun hairstyle, flowing along with the air intricately. On one side of his waist was Zidian, while on the other side was his clarity bell. Jiang Cheng wore a haughty expression; stiff on his face. Incredibly enough, he walked until stopping at the centre of the top of the stairway.

After coughing twice, he began to speak. "Today, we are celebrating to the newly entitled Lanling Jin Sect Leader."

A round of applause broke out outside of the Koi Tower. The citizens clapped their hands. There were two sides of the citizens. One half were responsible for the loud cheers and whistles. The other were responsible for the booing and disgusted appearances. Jiang Cheng was unsure of what to feel. "Quiet." He solemnly exclaimed.

Instantly, quiet plummeted the area. In Jiang Cheng's opinion, it was better to have neither of the two sides.

"Well then," Jiang Cheng straightened his back, "let us welcome Jin Rulan, the new Lanling Jin Sect Leader." He stepped to the side after sweeping his pair of scary eyes over the crowd. Amongst the crowd was Sizhui, who held his breath while watching keenly at the spotlight.

His heart had risen highly as anticipation freckled over his face.

Jingyi looked at Sizhui's excited expression and silently laughed before returning his sight to the Koi Tower. Just as he looked, the two magnificent doors of the Koi Tower were pushed open by the maidservants. Among the maidservants was Shao Qing, who dotingly kept her eyes peeled to the Young Master.

Footsteps had gently paced on the cold ground. At that moment, the sun seemed to shine the brightest.

A young man stepped out of the Koi Tower. He was garnished in gorgeous accessories, and his golden robes were to be envied of by thousands of spectators. Jin Ling's red vermillion mark stood out from amongst his white face. His eyes were soft and humble (for once in his life), introducing a beautiful colour of amber. He wore light red eyeliner, just barely visible if looked upon closely.

The sound of bells softly rang in the distance as Jin Ling's clarity bell was worn around his waist.

Sizhui's eyes at that moment were full of adoration. A small smile planted on his face as his eyelashes lowered. He was proud; those three words weren't enough to describe his overwhelming emotions.

Jingyi glanced at him. A relaxed grin unearthed. He didn't really regret giving up Jin Ling.

After all, Sizhui was happy.

*****

That night, the Koi Tower was lively.

All the maidservants had organized a party for their Young Master of succeeding the throne. They were proud and clenched their hearts, puffing out their chests. Jin Ling found it hilarious. He didn't have the time to feel proud for himself, and yet, the maidservants were doing it in his stead.

Raising a cup of wine, and pouring it down his throat, the party ended with a great dynamic.

Sooner or later, the maidservants had fallen asleep back in their own rooms. The once-vigilant guards had become drowsy and deprived of energy. They had fallen asleep with ease as well. Jin Ling didn't mind their rest. The Koi Tower was overtaken by slumber.