Chapter 18

"Jin Ling, what do you want to eat?"

The Young Mistress lazily sat upright in his chair, scanning through some papers while Sizhui propped himself up by resting his chin on Jin Ling's shoulder. "What do you think I want to eat?" Jin Ling asked back fervently.

     Sizhui frowned, deep in thought. If I get this question wrong... what would happen?

     Jin Ling didn't allow him to think anymore, dropping the stack of papers back down on his desk and raising upwards. "You choose."

     Sizhui blinked. "Huh?"

     "I said," Jin Ling sighed. "You choose what I want to eat."

A small smile unearthed in Sizhui's lips, as he played with Jin Ling's hair. "What about... you cook for me?"

*****

     "That idiot Sizhui..." Jin Ling mumbled under his breath as he wiped Suihua's blade clean.

     "Anyone with a proper brain should know that I have no idea... how to cook."

     All the servants of Lanling Jin was in utter chaotic-mode, swarming around outside the kitchen like a bunch of hungry dogs. "Can you believe it, Young Master Jin is going to cook!"

     "The one that'll taste his dish is absolutely lucky! This is Young Master Jin's first time cooking!"

     "Are you sure we shouldn't help him?"

     "Why should we? I'm sure Young Master Jin wants to complete the dish all by himself."

     Jin Ling swung open the kitchen doors, alarming all the crowd outside. "Scram!" He roared, and 'scram' they did. It took him some time to finally prep the kitchen supplies and food, then... finally, he turned on the heat.

*****

"Jin Ling..." Sizhui squirmed in the bed.

"Yes?" Jin Ling frowned, hiding his hands behind his back. "Don't you think that this is too much?" Sizhui squeaked, eyeing the food with a great level of surprise. "Yeah, it's kind of a lot." Jin Ling looked away, "so you better finish it all."

Sizhui bit his bottom lip guiltily. "What if I don't finish it all?"

Jin Ling turned away, his face turning dark. "Then I'll feed the rest to the dogs."

     "I'll make sure to eat it all." Sizhui was determined. He picked up the chopsticks and poked gently at the meal in front of him, which had steam pouring upwards. Sizhui got a piece of fish on his chopsticks and fed himself. The fish was-

     Spicy.

     Why does Jin Ling cook like Senior Wei! That thought thundered in his mind.

     "Do you like it?" Jin Ling shyly asked. The tips of his ears were redder than the chili spice sprinkled over the fish. Sizhui's throat burned as he tried to respond. Instead, coughs escaped. Jin Ling's face was full of worry and concern as he ran out, shouting, "I'll go get some tea!"

     Sizhui watched the back of his lover scurrying out of the room. It didn't take long for him to come back.

     Jin Ling carried a tray of a boiling hot tea cup set. He plopped it down gently, with a small clink sound trailing afterwards. "Here let me pour it for you." Jin Ling said softly.