Chapter 20

Jin Ling was fuming furiously.

     It has been days since he asked Sizhui to call him 'A-Ling', and yet, nothing had improved in their relationship! The two aren't married, rather, they haven't even been paying attention to each other as much as before! Jin Ling bit his bottom lip. It's always like this. Once you have something, you'll eventually get bored of it and throw it away.

     He looked outside from his window and saw three of his maidservants giggling with Sizhui. The maidservants held finished laundry in their arms, while Sizhui performed a trick of revealing a flower in his palms.

     The maidservants squealed in delight and accepted the flower Sizhui gave them. Seeing that made Jin Ling's heart ache. An ugly expression played on Jin Ling's face, that Sizhui! All he ever knows is to please girls and girls! What about me? I thought I was his boyfriend?

His ears reddened at the thought of their relationship. However, his irritation had completely submerged his original thoughts of shyness.

     "Humph!" Jin Ling frowned. "Doesn't he ever know how to baby his boyfriend?"

     "I get it! I get it too! Lan Zhan barely spends any time with me either." Wei Ying pouted by his side. At that point, Jin Ling no longer cared about his step-uncle's sudden appearances. He remained numb as Wei Ying's shoulders shuffled against his own.

     "Unfair. How cruel." Jin Ling pouted. The uncle-nephew pair wore the same expression, looking undoubtedly cute and matching under the sunlight's rays.

"You're lucky your HanGuang-Jun doesn't go around impressing girls every so often." Jin Ling sighed.

Wei Ying sighed, "and you're lucky your Sizhui doesn't tie your hands up with his clan's forehead ribbon."

     Jin Ling was puzzled, "how does that have anything to do with this?"

     Wei Ying was even more puzzled, "how does it not have anything to do with this?" The two was caught up in a deadlock.

*****

"I'm back." The sound of Sizhui's voice rang in Jin Ling's bedroom.

Unlike a normal day, Jin Ling had ignored Sizhui's greeting and buried himself underneath his blanket, not a layer of skin in sight. "Jin Ling?" Sizhui wandered to the bed, where Jin Ling had continued ignoring him.

"What's wrong, Jin Ling?" Sizhui asked gently.

Jin Ling gritted his teeth. Great, he's now playing the pitiful act...

     "Jin Ling?" Sizhui asked worriedly. "Answer me."

     All of a sudden, Jin Ling felt the weight of the blanket on his back lift. He was shocked as he found Sizhui's face only inches away from his own. Blush had overwhelmed Jin Ling's cheeks as he was baffled, "get away from me!"

     Sizhui frowned, "why?"

     "You..." Jin Ling was irritated. "You still don't know what you did wrong?"

Sizhui was puzzled. "What... did Sizhui upset you?"

Jin Ling found his eyes beginning to water, resembling a waterfall. "Sizhui doesn't even know what he did wrong..." he cried, tears innocently slipping down his cheeks. Immediately, Sizhui panicked. "Jin Ling?" He asked.

[ZHUILING] More Than Enoughजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें