Chapter 25

Warning! You probably will be disgusted by my writing. Trust me, I'm no good at this. 😅 Anyways, continue on.

Jin Ling sat inside the little wooden house, watching Jin Chan scamper around worriedly.

"What are you doing?" Jin Ling frowned.

Jin Chan paused, "I'm trying to find you a way to get back your sword! The elders had completely confiscated it- they said that they placed it in the dungeon room... and the dungeon room is fickle-like dangerous! Anyone that goes in there is said to never come back out alive. Of course, besides the elders."

Jin Ling groaned, "why'd they confiscate it?"

Jin Chan passed him a confused glance, "Don't you know that weapons are prohibited in Town Cheng Du? To avoid any crimes, the elders of Town Cheng Du confiscate weapons from all guests and tourists... including their own."

Jin Ling's eyebrows scrunched up, "so you're telling me that the elders are so untrusting?"

Jin Chan waved his arms around, panicking, "no no! The elders of Town Cheng Du are the best! Nobody dares to speak ill of them! So you better pamper up before messing up their first impression of you."

Jin Ling tilted his bed, "What do you mean?"

Jin Chan smirked, "there are three elders of Town Cheng Du. They are the leaders of Town Cheng Du, and do everything for the sake of the people. After I've told them about you, they said they wanted to visit and have a good look at you."

Jin Ling sighed, "they're not doing a good job of taking care of their people. They have no source to food and jobs, how will they earn money and eat?"

Jin Chan smirked, "Actually, we have a giant cabin stored of food-"

"And what are you going to do when it depletes?" Jin Ling frowned. "You guys aren't going to sit around like this until you run out of food... right?"

Jin Chan fell silent. "That... you'll have to ask the elders that."

     Suddenly, there came a loud knock at the door. It was so loud- the door could've been smashed into pieces if one wasn't careful. "Come on in!" Jin Chan hollered. The door swept open, revealing three sickly pale women. They all wore plain light green dresses, with a small porcelain flower ornament tied to their bangs.

     "So you're Jin Ling." One of them croaked. They all stepped inside the room, making the small house quite cramped.

     Jin Chan quickly introduced them, "these are the elders of Town Cheng Du. Starting from the left is Shi Yi, the middle is Shi Er, and the right one is Shi San."

     Jin Ling bowed his upper half of the body, wincing throughout the pain.

     "Welcome to Town Cheng Du, Jin Ling." Shi Yi smiled. "In Town Cheng Du, we leave behind our identities and live happily. That way, there'll be nothing left to fear of. We can just live through a peaceful life with no worries."

     Jin Ling tilted his head, "Sorry?"

     "We might as well explain from the beginning." Shi Er chuckled.

     Then, the three Shi sisters began the story of Town Cheng Du.

     There were once four loving sisters. They all loved and treasured each other gravely. Despite of their untouchable love and care for each other, they had a family rule. It was said that their ancestors could hear the words of God. One day, their ancestors heard the words of God. That if one has something that the others don't, they either all have it- or get rid of it. If they don't follow that rule, they will be bestowed upon a terrifying curse.