Chapter 15

"Jin Ling..." Sizhui gently poked at the Young Mistress, who was snoozing away on the bed. Morning had arrived sooner than expected, and the older cultivator had no idea on how to awake the younger. Jin Ling's sleeping face was relaxing and smooth, but Sizhui was afraid that one blink and then the Young Mistress would awake furiously.

"Wake up, Jin Ling..." Sizhui hummed.

     The Young Mistress didn't respond. In fact, he seemed to sleep even deeper.

     Sizhui had felt a small panic for the consequences if they were unable to arrive on time for Lan Qiren's classes. But he couldn't take up the courage to disturb that rare relaxed face.

     In the end, Sizhui let himself watch the Young Mistress sleep.

*****

"Sizhui, do you know what you did wrong?" Lan Qiren's voice was subtle and fierce. His eyebrows flexed greatly with no humbleness and sincerity, in fact, his bitter expressions reflected upon a devilish appearance. He sat attentively on the centre throne, with an arm latched around the seat's back.

Sizhui bowed on both knees, gracing his uncle by continuously prostituting on the floor. All GusuLan disciples had horridly watched the scene with their eyes wide open.

"Yes, Former Sect Leader," Sizhui kowtowed.

His forehead could feel the oozing temperature from the subsequently cold floor. Shivers plundered his spine as he forcibly proceeded to suppress his raspy breaths. "Sizhui, I really thought you'd be better." Lan Qiren had shaken his head, disappointed.

     None of the crowd dared to let out a sound. Even Jingyi, who nervously swayed at the side, didn't dare to move a muscle. "If I told you to reflect on your actions, would you choose to do it again?"

     Sizhui bit the bottom of his lip harshly. To tell the truth or...

     "Sizhui... I only want to hear your absolute honest answer." Lan Qiren deadpanned.

     It was then, he realized... he had fallen overboard and fallen hard. "Yes, I would choose to do it again." Sizhui stated. Gasps rose in the crowd of GusuLan disciples, who could no longer hide their concern. "Sizhui!" Jingyi shouted. "Are you out of your mind?"

     Lan Qiren paid no attention to Jingyi, probably because he was so alarmed by Sizhui's last sentence, the blood welling up at the back of his throat still haven't subsided. "I see..." Lan Qiren's face had darkened.

     "You'll be going to seclusion... take that time to reflect on your actions. I'll be sending your to check up on you later. Once you finally submit, we'll let you out."

     Sizhui bit his lip harsher. He understood why he was being punished. Tardiness was an absolute taboo, and the fact that he willingly slept with... another man in the Cloud Recesses was another taboo. His father's uncle was harsh on him, but majorly because they were related. He wanted the best for Sizhui, and Sizhui himself could understand. But the lust for love within his heart really couldn't be contained.

"Understood," Sizhui added before kowtowing once again.

     All of a sudden, Lan Qiren rose from his seat. It wasn't because of Sizhui—rather it was because of a little Young Mistress who found his rival gone from bed. The room's door was slammed open, light pouring into the room like water bursting from a dam. "Stop right there!" Jin Ling demanded.