Chapter 37

"Ow ow! Rub it a little lighter!" A female cultivator cried.

She was laying on a medical bed, while a doctor was harshly rubbing alcohol into her wounds. The doctor seemed to be merciless and deaf to her cries. Instead, he rubbed using the cotton ball even harsher. That had shut the female cultivator up, so she decided to stop complaining and began resisting to the pain.

Jin Ling listened dazedly by outside the closed door. After listening, he moved away and walked down the clinic's hallway. Beside him, Shao Qing gradually picked up the pace to stay by his side.

"Ahem," Jin Ling coughed, "Go send a packet of the silk fabric to the Guo family."

Shao Qing had a confused look. She was puzzled, "Why a packet of silk?"

Jin Ling touched his nose, "The Guo family is a family of carpenters and sewers. They have always been creating many clothings, and their job will become easier if more customers are drawn to the rich fabric we provide them with."

"Sect Leader Jin," Shao Qing nodded. "You're very remarkable." Her eyes seemed to shine while listening to Jin Ling's explanation.

The Sect Leader smiled in return. "You're very modest, Shao Qing. It's just my job as a Sect Leader."

It was sunny, and the plants were bathing within the sunlight. They were content with the fresh treatment they got, and swayed along with the light breeze. Overall, it was a beautiful day. Jin Ling and Shao Qing stepped out from the clinic, greeted by the rays of sunlight.

"It looks like something good will happen today." Shao Qing blurted. She looked at the clouds, which flourished together in the cerulean blue sky.

Suddenly, out from the corner of her eye, she caught Sizhui poking his head out to watch them from behind a stall stand. Shao Qing found her mood collapsing. "I take that back."

Jin Ling was oblivious to the maidservant's concerns, and continued walking down the pathway. "Today, we have an appointment with the designers at the flower shop Tang Tang likes. The appointment is scheduled at around three in the noon. Later tonight, the fresh foods will be exported to the Koi Tower. Make sure to package and shelf them according to the labels. Oh, and greet the workers with a cup of tea. They will be exhausted from carrying the foods for such a long time."

As he instructed, Shao Qing whipped out a booklet and began writing down what she heard.

"Well then, Sect Leader Jin," She said. "We should get going back to the Koi Tower. There are still many things to prepare for the meeting."

Jin Ling agreed, and they went on their way to the Koi Tower.

Sizhui watched them in a daze, trying to process down all the information. "Meeting... designers... afternoon... food... tea..."

*****

A boat rowed along the surface of the water.

Shao Qing rowed the boat, holding the pedal in an elegant manner. She looked back to see Jin Ling, who was laid back and lazily watching the water scenery. "Does Sect Leader Jin enjoy the view?" Shao Qing asked.

Jin Ling didn't look at her. "It's great."

The clouds swiftly pondered over the skies. It made Jin Ling feel dizzy while relaxed. He sighed. "What am I going to do now?"

Shao Qing perked at his question. It was rare for Sect Leader Jin to ponder.

"Is Sect Leader Jin worried about Sizhui?"

Jin Ling looked at her while dazed. "How did you know?"

Seeing the innocent look on Jin Ling's face, Shao Qing couldn't help but chuckle. "Perhaps I have a thing for reading faces."