Chapter 42

It was simple to disregard the passing of time.

However, at that moment, all citizens of Lanling Jin was in deep shock at how much time passed. They've all been keen on interest about their own housework. Before they knew it, an envelope was found resting on their doorstep. After opening the envelope, they would fret with excitement.

Inside the envelope was an invitation to Sect Leader Jin's wedding!

After the recent meeting scheduled with the other Sect Leaders, Sect Leader Jin have reverted back to his arrogant self! However, the citizens didn't really mind. At least, it wasn't arrogant to a selfish degree.

The citizens of Lanling Jin were in an uproar. "A WEDDING INVITATION!?!"

"Am I blind?" A woman cried to her baby, who laughed at her with its two-front teeth.

At that moment, Jin Ling was watching everything happen from the Koi Tower. He leaned elegantly against the railings of the balcony, feeling the wind brush through his hair. It's been almost half a month since the incident at the meetings.

Sizhui and him had progressed a lot more together, and finally decided on a wedding.

Jin Ling spent some time looking out in the distance. It wasn't until Shao Qing tapped him on the shoulder that he looked back. "Okay." Jin Ling smiled. "I'll be right there."

*****

The entire Koi Tower was decorated and garnished in red. Ribbons and threads were hung from ceiling lanterns to one another. Several tables were laid out in the large space, with five chairs for each. A decorative vase sat in the centre of each table. A few flowers specially picked by Tang Tang (remember the child from the trafficker case?) were slipped into the vases.

As the audience gradually filed in, behind the curtain was the groom preparing.

Sizhui fiddled with his fingers nervously. He could feel his heart drumming against his chest heavily; practically hammering the living shit out of him.

He tried to control his breathing. Sizhui wore a red wedding robe, which showcased off his pale skin and handsome-looking face. He hugged himself, while counting sheep's.

"Don't be nervous." On the side, Jingyi tried to pacify him.

Sizhui sighed. "Thank you, Jingyi."

His white knuckles protruded outwards, while he clenched on the hem of his wedding robe. There was red everywhere, and appeared incredibly festive. Sizhui tried to calm himself down while Jingyi returned back to the audience.

"Ahem," outside before the red curtain was the host.

Wei Wuxian coughed twice with a sly smile. "Hello fellow comrades and friends."

The commotion outside had died down. Hearing the empty silence, Wei Wuxian was satisfied. He cleared his throat and then began. "Today, we are here to celebrate the merry occasions of Sect Leader Jin's wedding with Lan Sizhui! Wooo!" Wei Wuxian added the cheer at the end, and it earned a few laughs.

"Are you guys ready?" Wei Wuxian treated the wedding more like a concert as he asked.

A few "we're ready" responded from the audience.

Hearing that, Wei Wuxian was satisfied. He then raised a hand, "Then, let us introduce the groom of this wedding; Lan Sizhui!"