Chapter 22

"Sizhui." His name had snapped the young cultivator out from his thoughts. "Huh?" Sizhui looked behind himself to see Jingyi with an angry face. "What's up?"

     "Sizhui, you know what's up." Jingyi pressed.

     Sizhui only listlessly tilted his head, "no, I don't."

     Jingyi cracked a smile before directing to the east, "Old Lan wants to see you."

     Instantly, at the mention of his grand uncle, Sizhui froze. "How come?"

     Jingyi pursed his lips, "you broke the rule, didn't you? You left Lanling Jin, even though you were supposed to go into seclusion there. Furthermore, Old Lan already left you off the earlier hook. You should just go visit him and strike up a deal."

     Sizhui shuddered, "But if I go back, I may never be able to leave..."

     "What are you talking about?" Jingyi bossed, "didn't Senior Wei break you out once? If he can break you out once, then he can do it twice!"

     Sizhui smiled gently, "thanks, Jingyi."

     "I don't accept your thanks!" Jingyi huffed before casually walking away. "Oh, and you need to wake up your lover too." When his back faded away onto the distance did Sizhui realize where he was. I'm still at Lotus Pier... and... he abruptly turned around to face the sleeping Jin Ling. Sizhui's heart warmed as he played with Jin Ling's hair, caressing the small orchid flower tucked behind his ear.

     "A-Yuan... stop it..." Jin Ling shuffled around, still in a dreamy state as he covered his face with his arms.

     Sizhui muffled his chuckle as he reached down to pet a small peck on Jin Ling's fingers. Then, he set off on his adventure to Cloud Recesses.

*****

"Sizhui, you're now free from seclusion."

Huh? Wait... what? Sizhui blinked once then twice as he tried to process down his grand uncle's words. "I'm...free?"

"Yes, you're free." Lan Qiren said, "you haven't caused any trouble in the Koi Tower, have you? You haven't left Lanling Jin's estate, have you? If not, you're free. And since you haven't, you're free from seclusion now."

It then occurred to Sizhui that his grand uncle never heard of his escape from the Koi Tower.

Smiling, Sizhui nodded, "thank you, Grand Uncle."

"No thank you." Lan Qiren groaned. "I'm just sick of getting new role models... one by one... they all fall in love..."

     Sizhui had to pretend he hadn't heard his Grand Uncle's words as he hippity hopped away.

*****

     "A-Ling!" Sizhui called back inside the Koi Tower. A small hum followed in Jin Ling's room.

     Sizhui pushed the door open as he elegantly sat down on the bed, "Grand Uncle gave me permission to finish seclusion."

     "Huh..." Jin Ling gave an uninterested response, "is that so..."

     Sizhui had to tug Jin Ling out from under his covers and embraced the smaller one's waist, burying his face among Jin Ling's shoulders. He inhaled, then exhaled, "let's travel around the world, A-Ling."

     "Can't."

     Sizhui peeked up in surprise, "how come?"

     "Unless if you want to take my position as Lanling Jin's Sect Leader, you're welcome to." Jin Ling grumbled. His Phoenix eyes drooped as black circles wallowed underneath. He resembled a Panda—a cute one.

     "A-Ling." Sizhui caressed Jin Ling's cheeks, "let me help you."

Jin Ling blushed, his eyes looking away, "Are you sure? It's a lot of paperwork..."

"Leave it to me!" Sizhui proudly puffed out his chest, "I'm your A-Yuan, and I can complete any given task."

Jin Ling's eyes had brightened in fascination, "Really? Then here ya go."

*****

A minute later, and Sizhui was staring at the massive piles of paperwork situated before him.

Hundreds of black lines ran down his face in exasperation. What the...

*****

Jin Ling happily skipped from pond to pond.

He began to recite some lines, "the sunlight grows and grows, the fishes swim and swim, the birds fly and fly, the breeze dances and dances, the husband laughs and laughs, then the wife will smile and smile."