Chapter 33

I've miscalculated. The angst won't be in this chapter, but the next. Forgive me! 😭😭😭
Anyways, continue on:

What can be considered as a happy ending?

Jin Ling thought that although the road ahead may be bumpy and littered with tragedies, at least there was still a chance for him to move forwards. With his entitlement Jin Sect Leader, Jin Ling found that an unusual pride was fiddling his belly. It was like butterflies flapped their wings against his skin.

It was sillily ticklish.

Knocking his ink pen against his table, Jin Ling nonchalantly batted his eyelashes. The wind that afternoon decided to show its kind side, and didn't blow his papers off the desk. The sun appeased Jin Ling, bathing him in warmth.

Truly, the afternoon was a great time for naps.

However, as a Sect Leader, Jin Ling mustn't let the opportunity of 'enacting his role' go to waste! He wobbled up from his seat, alerting the attention of Shao Qing, who was reading over some work papers.

"Jin Sect Leader!" She blurted. "Where are you going?"

Jin Ling nodded. "I'm going out to see if anyone needs me."

Shao Qing bowed her head. I think the one who needs you the most is me... I need you to finish all the paperwork with me... However, she did not say that aloud and agreed profusely. "Young Master Jin Ling is so compassionate! I'm confident that your citizens will be grateful for your kindness!"

A small smile bloomed on Jin Ling's face. "Thank you, Shao Qing."

Hearing what she wanted to hear, Shao Qing shot back a brilliant smile. "There's no need to thank me! Now then, Young Master Jin, good luck, and I hope you'll gain some good progress on today's journey!"

The sky was exceptionally blue that afternoon. The clouds didn't want to obstruct the gorgeous view, so they scurried over to accompany the lonely sun. Birds fluttered and flaunted their wings, raising their beaks upwards as if they were proud swans. If Jin Ling were to see such a scene, he would've scolded those birds until their feathers were all plucked off from self-infliction.

To think that Lanling Jin's birds were so prideful, one would think that Jin Ling and the birds were from the same feather.

The leaves quivered as citizens watered their garden. The water they used were fresh and clean; not a single spark of dirt in sight. Flowers blossomed and bees scurried over to transport nectar. The shops at the market were running well. Overall, the city seemed to be at a state of peace.

Jin Ling frowned as he bypassed a kitten who licked its claws spotlessly clean. There was nothing to do to help! Not even the cat needs any!

"Meow." As if it had sensed Jin Ling's frustration, the cat twitched one of its ear while watching him. It blinked innocently before whipping its tail at Jin Ling's direction; sprinting off like a wild cheetah. Jin Ling didn't dare to complain anymore.

"Sect Leader Jin?" A surprised and familiar voice impeached in Jin Ling's ears.

He turned around to face Jin Chan, who had bowed on one knee. "Jin Chan? What are you doing?" Jin Ling blurted. His voice was hushed, as if afraid to cause a ruckus.

Jin Chan looked upwards at Jin Ling, but didn't get up.

"Sect Leader Jin, I've truly misjudged you!"

Black lines ran over Jin Ling's face. Yes, and I've misjudged you too! I didn't think you'd be such a troublemaker!

"Don't speak nonsense." Jin Ling laughed. "Jin Chan, get up."