Chapter 36

A sudden tremor had dotted the earth.

GusuLan was known to be a place encrypted of silence and peace, including their well-known place of Cloud Recesses. However, that day, the entire place began trembling. Leaves had fallen off their branches, tousled down onto the rippling water surfaces. The clouds that surrounded the place had shuddered, and a ray of sunlight began to open up from the gap.

It turned out that those tremors belonged to an army of cultivators. Their rapid footsteps had caused the alarming tremor, and slowly, they approached to an office built of wood and smelled of sandalwood.

Plants surrounded the house, shrouding it into a place of nature.

A cultivator with a long ponytail trailing behind his back had gritted his teeth. The GusuLan forehead ribbon was tied firmly to his head, and danced along with the breeze. His white cultivator robes had a few species of dirt, but that fit the young cultivator's nature, so none of his companions questioned him.

Jingyi sneered. "I know you're in there. Open up the door!"

Inside the house, nobody answered.

Jingyi sighed hopelessly. He held the hilt of his sword, "If you won't open up the door, then I'll have to force it down."

There were only the remains of silence.

Feeling irritated, Jingyi scoffed, "Old Man Lan told me that you've finally left seclusion. Don't play dumb with me. Old Man Lan told me himself that you're in there. Aren't you wondering how long time has passed? Well, I'll tell you right now! Four years! Sizhui! Four fucking years have passed!"

Suddenly, the door opened with a croak. A gorgeous man with fair-skinned skin had been sitting inside, with his cultivator robes neat and tidy on himself. His GusuLan forehead ribbon was loose around his forehead, almost threatening to slide down. His long hair benevolently stayed untied, scattered all across his back. "Four years?"

Sizhui's eyes widened. A flash of emotions seemed to pour inside, and a layer of mist glossed over them. "I've been in seclusion for four years?"

Jingyi looked at the pitiful man sitting on the ground. He sneered, "Yes, four fucking years. If you still don't get that information in your brain, allow me to smack it into you."

Sizhui remained unmoved. He peered at the floor, his head lowered.

His curtain of eyelashes quivered, covering the welling emotions in his grey eyes. By his side, he clenched his hands into fists. His knuckles protruded a white embellish color. It was pale, and yet, gave off a domineering feeling.

The eyes of Jingyi had thinned. He sighed, "Get up already. Old Man Lan and ZeWu-Jun wants to welcome you back."

"Uncle?" Sizhui's voice was hoarse. He looked up at Jingyi, who stared back with a stern expression.

"What?" Jingyi scoffed. "Do important things need to be said three times?"

Sizhui looked back at the floor. He didn't answer.

Jingyi looked closer. "I can tell; you've gotten stronger. I guess your time in seclusion wasn't a waste."

Suddenly, the pupils of Sizhui had dilated in surprise. "You mean...?"

Jingyi nodded. "I'll give you a chance right now. You've wasted that chance in the past. You could've stayed by his side, but you chose to get stronger to protect him. In the end, he respected your choice. He understood that you loved him, and you wanted to protect those that are dear to you. He... didn't chase you. You can go and see him. Let's see if you still recognize him, or if he still recognizes you."