Chapter 14

"Jin Ling?" Sizhui lightly knocked against the Young Mistress' sleeping chamber door.

It had been weeks after the archery competition, and no news had been heard about Jin Ling. Albeit Sizhui tried communicating or visiting the Young Mistress, Jingyi would stop him multiple times. "He's fine. And he'd get even angrier if you pity him." He'd say, but those excuses never diminished Sizhui's worries.

     "Leave me alone!" Jin Ling had roared from inside.

     Bitterness had attached to Sizhui's stomach as he sighed, "Jin Ling. You haven't been attending classes and Lan Qiren is getting mad."

     "Why should I care if he's getting mad?" Jin Ling coughed.

Sizhui let out a gentle chuckle, "he might get a Qi Deviation. It's best to go tomorrow to wash up his worries."

"I don't care if he gets a Qi Deviation." Jin Ling scoffed.

     Concern plastered over Sizhui's face as he sighed. "But I care, Jin Ling." His voice was sympathetic and soothing like the tranquil vocals of a lullaby. "Humph!" Jin Ling bashed. "Just because you care doesn't mean I'll sympathize."

"Jin Ling." Sizhui began again. "Let me inside."

"Why should I?" Jin Ling shot back.

     Sizhui's face darkened. "If you don't open the door, I'll forcefully do it myself. And it won't be pretty."

Shivers ran down Jin Ling's spine as he heard those words. "F-fine..." Jin Ling had sloppily trudged over to the door and swung it open. "What do you want-" before he could even take his hand off of the doorknob, a pair of strong and warm arms had embraced his upper body and demonstrated a well-affectionate hug. Jin Ling's eyes widened as Sizhui's body heat had transferred to himself, but it wasn't only Sizhui's heat that warmed him up.

Blush tinted at the corners of his cheeks. "W-what are you doing?" Jin Ling squeaked.

Sizhui didn't respond. Instead, he stuffed his face into the depths of Jin Ling's beauteous neck that shone clearer than the pearls of the deepest treasures. Snuggling closer, Sizhui took the chance to tighten his arms around Jin Ling's waist.

"I missed you." Sizhui straightforwardly exclaimed.

His lips vibrated against Jin Ling's skin as the future sect leader blushed heavily in response. "So what if you missed me? Just... get off of me already!"

Indeed, Sizhui's arms had snaked away from Jin Ling's waist as his face separated from the Young Mistress' heavenly neck. "Jin Ling..." Sizhui couldn't get enough of the honeysuckle smell that lingered amongst Jin Ling's skin. Everything about the younger disciple made him swoon with delight, but was also astonished at how unkempt he himself was at hiding his affection. "Are you sad?"

     A shocked expression had plastered over Jin Ling's face. The colour seemed to drain from his pristine skin, as if all his concerns were just spoken out loud. "Me? Sad?" Jin Ling scoffed. "Why would I be sad?"

     "It feels like... you're keeping something away from me." Sizhui sternly frowned.

     "If you were spying on your crush, you'd keep it hidden from them too."

"Jin Ling, I'm not joking around with you."

"Oh, I know."

"You know? Then you should know what I'm about to do." Sizhui had taken a step inside the sleeping chamber, closing the door behind. After locking the door, it was then Jin Ling realized that the two disciples were locked inside his sleeping chamber. "I'll help you go through with everything, Jin Ling." Sizhui nodded. "You only need to tell me."