Chapter 32

"Who's a ghost?" Jiang Cheng's face was ugly. He was sour and looked like he was about to snap someone's neck. However, that oppressing aura abruptly vanished when a hand rested on his shoulder.

Lan Xichen smiled. "Jiang Sect Leader, calm down. I'm sure that Jin Ling made a mistake."

Jin Ling watched the two warily. Why do I feel like that man is always with my Uncle...

Suddenly, a loud laugh broke out in the flower pavilion. That laugh sounded annoying and rang dominantly in Jin Ling's ears. He turned around to find Wei Wuxian, who was clothed in his usual black and red robes. Lan Wangji, who was clothed in his GusuLan robes, stood next to his lover. The two reminded Jin Ling of something...

"You guys..." Jin Ling squinted his eyes at them. "Aren't you two the demonic cultivator and the GusuLan lover in the story...?"

"You guessed right!" Wei Wuxian laughed.

Lan Wangji resisted his urge to slap a hand over Wei Wuxian's mouth. He threw his lover a glance. Now they all know that we were doing deeds out in the open!

"Well," Wei Wuxian added, "the ghost story was a fake story I told Sizhui and Jingyi to tell you. Wasn't it scary? The moment you saw Jiang Cheng, you though he was a ghost! How hilarious!"

Jiang Cheng's face went dark and sour.

Jin Ling fumbled with his fingers nervously. He doesn't do good when his Uncle is angry. Sensing his dismay, Lan Xichen laughed and patted Jiang Cheng on the shoulder again. "Sect Leader Jiang, loosen up. You're scaring Jin Ling."

"Hah." Jiang Cheng scoffed. His look gradually smoothened.

Lan Xichen nodded. "And besides, you wanted to tell Jin Ling something, right?"

Pushing his hand off of his shoulder, Jiang Cheng huffed. "Yes." Slowly, he got up from the seat in the flower pavilion. His back straightened with an arrogant prowess, as he paced back and forth on the spot. Jin Ling shrank back as he watched his uncle's scary look. He has no idea what his uncle was attempting to do, and what he wanted to tell himself.

"I'll be back soon." Jiang Cheng scowled.

He quickly stepped out of the flower pavilion, with the metal door slamming shut with a loud BANG! Like he said so, Jiang Cheng truly didn't take much time. After a split second, he returned.

However, a bowl was held in his arms. As Jin Ling closely inspected, that bowl was filled with a warm radiance of noodles and a softly boiled egg in the centre! He swallowed back his saliva as he watched Jiang Cheng set that bowl onto the table.

Jiang Cheng took out a pair of metal chopsticks, throwing them into Jin Ling's arms.

Thankfully, Jin Ling caught it. However, his face was full of confusion.

Jiang Cheng sneered. "Don't you remember what day it is today?"

Jin Ling tilted his head. "It's the day I became Sect Leader...?"

"...and?" Jiang Cheng added.

However, Jin Ling still did not get the hint. That had only irritated his uncle further more. Finally, Jiang Cheng's little bubble of peace exploded. "IT'S NOVEMBER 21ST! ISN'T TODAY YOUR GODDAMN BIRTHDAY!?!"

Jin Ling let out a small 'oh'. Then he blinked twice innocently.

Jiang Cheng huffed angrily, "Come, sit down here!" He pointed at the chair. Jin Ling didn't dare to disobey, so he did as he was told. He threw a confused and slightly scared look at Sizhui, hoping for some help. However, Sizhui only smiled and confused Jin Ling further.