All I Want For Christmas Is You! (A late christams special)

howdy y'all
Sorry that this chapter was put out late
Hope y'all still enjoy it tho 😎
Also, apologies for not updating when I said I would. I'm very unsure if anyone actually reads this, so I'd be pleasantly surprised if you'd comment and vote XD

Lindsay groaned at the sound of that awful song.

"I swear to the gods," Lillian growled, "if you don't turn that off right now, I'm going to run you through with my sword."

Eliza simply smiled. "That's nice, but I'm sure that's just an empty threat. If you really wanted to hurt me, you'd be on your feet and not cuddling with your boyfriend."

Blaze laughed. "She has a point."

Just then, the door to the Hephaestus cabin slammed open.

"If I have to hear 'All I Want For Christmas Is You' one more time," Devan began, "I swear I'll throw any devices capable of creating sound into the ocean."

Karsten patted him on the back. "Welcome to the club, Dude."

Mak inspected the wreath she was holding carefully. "Do you think decorating without telling the rest of your cabin is okay?"

Lindsay shrugged. "They can't argue anyway. I'm the one in charge."

"Nyssa will most definitely have something to say about it," Liv mumbled.

"So be it," Lindsay grumbled.

Jonah snorted as he wrapped garland around one of the bunkbeds. "If that's the case, shouldn't we hurry up?"

Lindsay sighed. "I guess. Devan, can you bring me the stuff you just got?"

He nodded, making his way toward her. He stopped to glance at Lillian and Blaze. "You two are supposed to be helping."

Lillian buried herself deeper into Blaze's embrace. "We're busy."

Blaze laughed. "He's right, Lillian."

She pouted. "Christmas is a Christian holiday, so why are we even decorating?"

"Because it's fun!" Lindsay exclaimed. "Even if we're not obligated to celebrate, don't you think we should at least have a little bit of fun?"

Lillian stood up from her bed. "Whatever," she huffed, then left the cabin.

Blaze let out a long sigh. "Don't take it personally," he told Lindsay. "She's been like this ever since I've known her. Christmas time is especially hard for her. It's around the time she arrived at Camp Jupiter."

Lindsay frowned. "I pushed her too far, didn't I? I'm sorry."

Blaze gave her a reassuring smile. "Don't worry about it." With that, he left to go look for Lillian.
<><><>
Lindsay sat alone in her cabin, looking around at the decorations everyone had put up.

"What's got you looking so glum?" someone asked.

She flinched. "Devan...you scared me."

He sat down next to her. "You still worried about Lillian?"

She nodded miserably. "I feel like I've completely ruined our relationship again. I know it seems like I'm overreacting, but I can't help but think that she doesn't even want to be friends..." She drew her knees up to her chest, hugging them tightly.

Devan sighed. "I've known Lillian since she was a little kid. The way she is now are the consequences of abandonment. Even if it doesn't seem like it, I can tell she cares about you."

Lindsay turned to Devan. "But...how do you know...?"

He smiled. "Trust me."

She rested her head on his shoulder. "Mm...I guess I kind of have to..."

He pouted. "You don't have to say it like that..."

She laughed. "Thanks for cheering me up."

He smiled again, placing a gentle kiss on her lips. "You're welcome."
<><><>
Lillian whirled around at the sound of Blaze's voice.

"I figured you'd be here," he said.

She scowled at him. "Why'd you come looking for me?"

He laughed. "When you come to the arena to 'cool off,' you typically end up getting even more angry. If you wanted to spar with someone, you could've just asked."

She turned away from him with a huff. "I don't need your help. I'm perfectly calm, can't you tell?"

He walked toward her slowly, backing her into the wall. His hand trailed down her face to her heart. "Calm?" he murmured in her ear. "By the feel of it, you're anything but calm."

Her faced went beet red as she shoved him away. "I–I'm fine!"

He shrugged. "Suit yourself. Although, by the look on your face, I can tell you aren't satisfied."

Her sword clattered to the ground. "Blaze..."

He smirked. "Was I wrong?"

She frowned. "You...you suck..." With that, she pulled him into a passionate kiss.

Blaze chuckled when he pulled away. "Don't you think it's a bit late for that?"

"Shut up and kiss me," Lillian snapped.

He grinned. "Anything for you."

She leaned in again, but he stopped her. She pouted. "What?"

His grin widened. "I thought it'd be funny to say...All I want for Christmas...is you."

She narrowed her eyes at him. "I can't believe you."

He laughed. "It's true. Now, where were we?"

She grumbled a retort, but was cut off by Blaze kissing her. She smiled. Maybe, just maybe, she'd tell him that all she wanted for Christmas was him.

THE END

lol pls bare with me
I really want to get chapters out but it's corona time and school soooo
I hope I'll be able to keep up in the future!

~Li