Chapter 20 - Hospital Wing

Diana woke up around 9 the next morning to a terrible headache. It felt like a hangover except she hadn't drank anything the previous night. She sat up and her stomach gave a lurch. She took a sip of water from her night stand.

"Hey we're going down... are you okay?" Hermione had just walked in.

Diana shook her head too afraid to open her mouth for she was unsure of what might come out. She stood up slowly and carefully and looked in the mirror. It was a terrible sight. She was paler than usual and had bags under her eyes. Then she vomited on the floor.

"Oh my god." Hermione stood there speechless. "Come on, let's go to the hospital wing."

Diana's eyes widened. "But we're seeing Sirius today!" He had sent Harry a letter a few weeks ago.

"We are. You are not in this condition come on." Hermione dragged her out of the room. Diana wasn't wearing shoes and in her pajamas and the flagstones weren't forgiving on her bare feet. They shoved their way through the common room and Hermione helped her to the hospital wing. It took twice the time it usually did, but they finally reached the hospital wing.

"I'll get Madam Pomfrey, wait here." Hermione rushed off to the office. Diana laid down on the bed and sighed looking at the ceiling. How did she get so sick overnight?

"... she threw up this morning and is really weak." Hermione came with Madam Pomfrey. Diana was too lazy to sit up and just saw their heads talking above her. The ceiling looked a little funny.

"Miss Black can you tell me what's wrong?" Diana's attention snapped to Madam Pomfrey.

"Head hurts and I threw up," she mumbled.

"Do you think she's been poisoned?" Hermione asked anxiously, "She was fine last night."

Madam Pomfrey looked at Diana's hands, "She's dehydrated, whether is because someone slipped her some sort of draught or she just hasn't been drinking water I'm not sure."

"Okay well can you rehydrate me?" Diana asked groggily.

"Certainly but we'll have to keep you here the rest of the day I'm afraid. I'll brew you something I'll be right back. You're free to go Miss Granger." She swept back to her office.

"I'll tell Sirius you say hi and we'll tell you everything when we come back." Hermione squeezed Diana's hand and left. Diana groaned.

Outside was how you'd expect a final winter day to look. A thin layer of clouds coated the sky. The sun was weak and tried to break through. It failed miserably. There was still some snow on the ground but most had melted with the warming temperatures.

"Here." Madame Pomfrey handed her a smoking blue liquid. Diana took it reluctantly and drank it. It was cool as it slid down the back of her throat. It felt nice.

"You have to drink a cup of water an hour starting at noon. You can sleep if you like until then. You'll feel much better. The effects from the potion can be a little weird you may feel a little... silly." Madame Pomfrey smiled warmly at her and Diana laid back down on the bed and fell asleep.

===

Diana woke up several hours later when Madam Pomfrey shook her leg lightly. She was saying something to her but everything sounded like it was underwater.

"... take a drink now," She handed Diana a cup of water, "there you go." Diana drank it.

Everything seemed very strange; Diana wasn't exactly sure why she was in the hospital wing. She looked down at her lap which was covered with a thin blanket. The sheets were a little harsh on her skin. She felt her face with her hand. It was warm and she looked down at her hands trying to figure out why they were so cold. Her toes wiggled.