Chapter 10 - Hogsmeade

"I don't believe this," Hermione exclaimed as she handed Diana and Harry a copy of the Daily Prophet. The last two weeks had been rather uneventful other than Harry receiving a letter from Sirius saying for him and Diana to meet him in the Gryffindor common room on the 22nd. Harry was puzzled by how that was possible but Diana just shrugged and said, "floo powder."

Diana read the newspaper aloud, "Harry has at last found love at Hogwarts. His close friend, Colin Creevey," Diana paused, "Close friend? I don't know about that," Hermione cleared her throat and Diana continued, "says that Harry is rarely seen out of the company of Diana Black, a stunningly pretty American pureblood transfer from Ilvermorny where she was a Wampus- I was a Pukwudgie not a Wampus, right sorry - who like Harry is one of the top students in the school. I don't know about that either," Diana finished. Harry's expression did not falter, instead he grabbed the newspaper and read the rest of the article only to be met with more of Rita Skeeter's lies.

Not wanting to hear more about the article Diana said goodbye to Harry and Hermione and went to the Common Room. She was about to turn down the last corridor when someone grabbed her robes and pulled her into an abandoned classroom.

"Hey! What are- oh hey Theo," Diana turned around to see Theo holding the article from the Daily prophet. Diana rolled her eyes, "Well if you have something to say spit it out."

So he did, "What's with you and Potter?" he said with malice.

"Don't tell me you believe that rubbish he's like my brother. Why? Are you jealous?" Diana answered smoothly.

Theo sputtered and turned a light shade of pink, "No. I just thought you would've told me that's all."

"Jealousy doesn't look good on you Nott." She turned on her heel and went to leave.

"Are we still on for Saturday?" he called after her.

Diana paused in the doorway, savoring the effect she had on him. She liked keeping him waiting. After a moment she simply said, "I suppose." and with that she returned to the common room.

Harry and Hermione were already there. They must have left a minute after she did. They were arguing again about Ron.

"I know you miss him!" Hermione protested.

"Do not!"

"He misses you too. You guys are being ridiculous." Diana sat down on the couch next to Hermione. "Oh, were you just up in the dormitories?" Hermione asked her.

Diana decided that would sound better than saying she was in an empty classroom with a Slytherin, "Er, yes." She said scrunching her nose.

"We're going to the library if you want to come." Hermione invited.

"I just walked by and it's full. Krum must be in there again." Diana answered while taking out her Herbology textbook.

"Bloody hell, I still need to work on summoning charms." Harry said with a sigh.

They turned to Hermione who looked increasingly annoyed, "I wish he wasn't in the Library so much. All the groupies pollute the place. He's not even good looking!" She exclaimed, "They only like him because he's famous! They wouldn't even look at him twice if he couldn't do the Wonky-Faint thing-"

"Wronski Feint." Diana and Harry said at the same time. Hermione rolled her eyes.

===

Hermione and Harry invited Diana to come to Hogsmeade with them that Saturday but Diana declined saying she was already going with Ginny. Ginny who had come down with a head cold covered for Diana without question so she could go see Theo.