Chapter 19 - 2nd task and the aftermath

Diana was jolted awake when Ginny started clapping. Cedric had returned to the surface of the lake with Cho Chang.

"What happened?" Diana asked Ginny, wiping the sleep from her eyes. Cedric and Cho were drying off next to a shivering Fleur who looked scared.

"Fleur had to drop out because of the Grindylows so Cedric is the first back, they both used the bubble head charm. What did Harry end up doing?" She asked.

Diana shrugged, "Some house elf found us in the library and gave Harry gillyweed and said it would help him breathe underwater. We hadn't found anything so we went with it."

Ginny nodded before pointing at the lake, "Look it's Hermione and Krum!" Sure enough two heads started bobbing above the surface; one looked oddly like a shark but Diana blinked and it was just Krum. They made their way to shore and started drying off. Soon after 3 heads resurfaced from the lake.

"He saved Fleur's sister! That son of a bitch they weren't going to leave her down there now he came in last." Diana crossed her arms.

Ginny laughed, "Oh come on don't be mad at him for being a good person."

Harry, Ron, and Fleur's sister, Gabrielle, were now drying off talking to the other champions. She really shouldn't have been mad at him, they thought he wouldn't even be able to participate in the task 2 hours ago.

"Yeah you're right," Diana laughed as Dumbledore walked over to the lake and conferred with the mercheiftainess.

Theo watched Diana as she talked with Ginny. She looked exhausted but he couldn't help but smile. "I'll see you later." Theo said to Blaise and made his way across the stands to Diana and Ginny as they started announcing the scores. Fleur got 25; Diana thought this was too generous. Cedric got 47; Diana was upset at this but knew it was right. Krum got 40; Diana shrugged and didn't think much of it. Theo finally reached Diana as the cheering for Krum died down.

"Hey, how's-"

"Shut up they're giving Harry's score," Diana swatted his shoulder as he took his place next to her. Ginny laughed and they all turned their attention to Bagman who was about to announce Harry's score.

"Harry Potter used gillyweed to a great effect. He returned last and well outside the time limit of an hour. However, the Merchieftainess informs us that Mr. Potter was first to reach the hostages, and the delay in his return was due to his determination to return all the hostages to safety, not merely his own." Diana held her breath as Bagman continued, "Most of the judges," it was very clear that the most didn't include Karkaroff, "feel this shows moral fiber and merits full marks. However.... Mr. Potter's score is 45 points."

"He's tied with Cedric..." Diana whispered as the crowd erupted into cheers. She smiled and put her head in her hands, relieved. Ginny hugged her and jumped up and down. Diana turned to Theo who was clapping politely. "I'm sorry I told you to shut up."

He shrugged, "I'm sure you can make it up to me somehow," and pulled her in for a kiss. The cheers started to get quieter and Ginny finally cleared her throat.

"Are you going to introduce me to Theodore or what?" She said in mock formality. Diana rolled her eyes.

"Theo this is Ginny. Ginny this is Theo. But you have to call him Theodore." Ginny nodded and extended her hand to Theo who looked down at it apprehensively. He finally took it.

"I'll call you Nott." Ginny said firmly.

Theo laughed, "Weasley it is then." Diana shook her head and laughed as Ginny pulled Theo into a whisper.

"If you hurt her I'll kill you." Theo raised his eyebrows and nodded.

"Okay enough of that, come on let's go." The rest of the school had started making their way back up the hill.