Chapter 11 - Dragons

"Dragons? Are you sure?" Diana questioned.

"Positive. There were four of them, one for each of us." Harry said grimly. Diana had been waiting in the Gryffindor common room for Harry to meet Sirius. Diana slumped back on the couch.

"It's going to be alright. We'll figure it out." She tried to offer some sort of encouragement. Harry gave her an uneasy look.

"When was the last time you had to fight a dragon Diana?" He snapped.

"Hey don't take this out on me I'm one of your only friends at the moment." Diana said cooly as she got up to stand in front of the fireplace. Sirius's head had just appeared.

Harry kneeled down in front of the fireplace as they began to discuss the events that were at hand. Diana observed Sirius as Harry told him about how terrible the last few weeks had been. Sirius looked horrible if Diana was being honest. He looked remarkably thinner and his hair was rather matted.

'... it's dragons, Sirius, I'm a goner." Harry finally finished.

The dragons were the least of Sirius's worries. Apparently Igor Karkaroff had been a death eater. And you know what they say: Once a death eater always a death eater.

"Diana." Sirius caught her attention, she had been caught spacing out. "It's important you two stick together. All of these events, Bertha Jorkins disappearance, the triwizard tournament, Harry's name being chosen from the goblet of fire, these are not coincidences!"

"But Sirius what about the dragons?" Diana asked desperately.

"Right, these dragons, there's a way, and a simple spell's all you'll need-"

Harry held his hand to silence Sirius as both he and Diana heard steps coming down the stairs.

"Go!" Harry hissed, "Someone's coming!" and with a faint pop Sirius vanished.

Diana and Harry rushed over to sit on the couch and not look suspicious. Who decided to stop such an important conversation? Diana turned around and saw Ron in his maroon pajamas.

"Who're you talking to?" He asked, wiping the sleep from his eyes.

"Diana." Harry said flatly.

"I heard another voice." Ron responded.

"Well you heard wrong, clearly there's no one else here but us." Diana said coldly. "Why are you down here at this time of night anyways?"

"I saw Harry's bed was..." Ron trailed off, "Never mind."

"Thought you'd come nosing around did you?" Harry asked with malice. Diana pressed her mouth in a flat line and watched the events unfold. It wasn't Ron's fault he interrupted their conversation with Sirius, he didn't know.

"Sorry about that." Ron's face started to become red, "Should've realized you didn't want to be disturbed. I'll let you get on with practicing for your next interview in peace."

Harry threw a Potter Stinks badge at Ron and hit him in the forehead. "There you go," Harry said, "Something for you to wear on Tuesday. You might even have a scar now if you're lucky.... That's what you want, isn't it?" With that Harry stormed past Ron up to the dormitories leaving Diana and Ron to have a very awkward conversation.

"Diana?" Ron said, meekly.

"What Ron?" There was no anger in her voice. She was just tired.

"I'm sorry about what I said about you and Nott. I miss hanging out with you."

Diana sighed and looked at Ron, "It's okay, but I'm really not the one you should be apologizing to. Goodnight Ron." Diana walked up the opposite staircase and went to bed.