Chapter 13 - The tower and the Lake

It took ten minutes for Diana to get to the Astronomy Tower. Theo was already there.

"I thought you might not come." Theo said. He was sprawled out on the floor doing his homework. Diana frowned and sat down next to him.

"Jupiter has 79 moons not 56." She said looking over her shoulder. Theo sighed and put his homework away. He rolled over onto his back and put his head on Diana's lap, surprising her. She looked down at him and furrowed her brow.

"What? I'm tired!" He said letting out a long sigh.

"You're ridiculous. Honestly." Diana laughed. She pushed the hair out of his eyes and suddenly felt guilty about kissing Ron earlier. She shivered; she forgot to grab a sweatshirt before she left and the wind wasn't forgiving.

"Here," Theo said, grabbing a lump next to his legs and handing it to Diana, "I knew you'd be cold so I brought you a sweatshirt."

"Thanks Theo." She put it on, the guilt in her chest growing.

"Why're you so quiet?"

Diana sighed, "I kissed Ron."

"What?!" that's not what he expected to hear. He sat up and turned to face her.

"We were playing dare or veritaserum at the party and it was either that or tell everyone I like you." Theo frowned.

"Are you ashamed of me or something?"

"What? No! It's just I know they wouldn't understand and I'm finally fitting in and getting along with everyone. I don't know how they'd take it."

"So you kissed Weasley instead?" Theo was mad.

"Well yeah it's not like you're my boyfriend." Diana started to raise her voice. She knew he had a right to be mad, but didn't care.

Theo froze. "Is that what this is about? Are you trying to make me jealous because you can? We went on one date!"

"What is wrong with you! It was a game!" She was yelling now. "So you're telling me you told people? You told Zabini and Malfoy?"

"Well no-"

"Then you have no right to be mad at me Nott." She said cooly. "You don't have to ask me to be your girlfriend. I'm fine with how things are now. Just don't be mad when I hide it from people when you're doing the same thing. I'm going to go."

Diana turned to leave but Theo stopped her, "Your hair's red."

Diana was a few feet from the stairs, "To bad. It was pretty blond earlier." Diana waited for him to say something, anything.

"Well let me fix it." Diana rolled her eyes and waited for him to continue. "Do you want to be my girlfriend?"

"No." Diana lied, scrunching her nose. As much as she willed it not to, her hair turned a very light shade of blond.

"Liar!" He smirked.

Diana rolled her eyes and grabbed the invisibility cloak. "Goodnight Nott."

"Goodnight Black."

===

The next few days passed and Diana, who was under the impression that there was going to be a feast for Thanksgiving, was sadly mistaken when there wasn't

"Bet you're excited Ron, Thanksgivings probably your favorite holiday." She was disappointed when Hermione had to remind her it was an American holiday and they were in the UK. Diana rode out November with disappointment.

December crept into the castle as the air turned colder. Everyone was more relaxed now that Harry didn't have a dragon looming over him. The photo of Diana flipping off Rita Skeeter appeared in the Daily Prophet to everyone's amusement. The photo was hung proudly in the Gryffindor common room. She received a howler from her mother the day after it was published. "Blacks got a howler!" George yelled as Diana opened it.