Chapter 37 - The Train Ride Back

The train whistle blew and the students bid goodbyes to everyone, including Sirius who jumped up on Diana and Harry's shoulders earning a scolding from Mrs. Weasley.

"See you!" Harry called out from the window of the train as everyone else waved goodbye. Sirius ran alongside the train until it finally left the station which amused many of the younger students on board.

"He shouldn't have come with us," Hermione tisked.

"Oh, lighten up," said Ron, "he hasn't seen daylight for months, poor bloke." Hermione looked at Diana for help but she just shrugged.

"Well," said Fred clapping his hands together, "can't stand around chatting all day, we've got business to discuss with Lee. See you later." He winked at Diana and he and George left down the corridor.

"We should get a compartment before they're all full," Diana sighed. Ron and Hermione looked at each other.

"We're supposed to go to the prefect carriage." Hermione said awkwardly. Ron stayed quiet.

"Oh yeah, duh. We'll see you guys later." Diana started to walk away from the group waiting for Harry and Ginny to follow.

"Are you okay?" Diana asked Harry as the three of them walked down the train.

"Yeah I've just never ridden the train without Ron." Harry said. Ginny rolled her eyes.

"Come on," Ginny told them, "If we get a move on we'll be able to save them places."

They walked the length of the train and at the last carriage they found a sweaty and distraught Neville.

"Hey Neville!" Diana exclaimed.

"Hi Diana," He panted, "Hi Harry, hi Ginny, everywhere's full I can't find a seat..."

"What are you talking about?" Ginny pushed past him and looked into the seemingly empty compartment. "There's room in here, there's only Loony Lovegood in here -" Diana and Harry exchange looks while Neville mumbled something. Ginny laughed, "Don't be silly, she's alright."

Neville, Diana, and Harry followed her into the compartment. The girl sitting by the window was interesting to say the least. Ginny's use of the word loony seemed mean, but was fair. She was reading a magazine upside down and did seem rather spacey. Ginny asked her if they could sit and she nodded.

Diana stowed her trunk and sat opposite Luna next to the window. Diana looked out the window and thought about Theo while the others started talking about their summers and Neville's new plant. She didn't come back to the conversation until Neville's plant exploded on them.

"Ah Neville!" Diana stood up and wiped off her face.

"S-sorry, I haven't tried that before, but don't worry it's not poisonous." Neville stuttered and Harry spit out a mouthful on the floor. At that moment the compartment door slid open.

"Oh... hello, Harry, is this a bad time?" Cho Chang was standing in the doorway. Diana bit back a laugh. The timing was funny.

"Oh... hi," Harry said blankly.

"Um... Well, just thought I'd say hello ... bye then." Cho left hurriedly.

"Wow, that was... bad." Diana scoffed. Harry glared at her.

"Never mind," said Ginny harshly. 'Scourgify!'

Diana sent Ginny a questioning look, but Ginny just looked away.

About an hour passed and Hermione and Ron returned.

"Well, there's two fifth years from each house. One boy, one girl." Hermione looked upset as she sat down.

Filthy American [Theodore Nott]On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara