Chapter 25- tables turn

The rest of April and the beginning of May passed with no significance. Classes were boring and with exams looming anxiety was at a peak around the castle. As the weather began to get warmer Diana and Theo spent more time outside on the castle grounds where they pretended their parents would get along perfectly fine when they finally met each other this summer.

It wasn't until the end of May when Harry was reminded he was in the triwizard tournament when McGonagall asked him to stay after class one day.

"Go ahead I'll see you later," Harry waved off Diana, Hermione, and Ron.

Sure enough Harry met them later in the common room.

"Well?" Ron asked.

"I have to go to the quidditch pitch tonight so Bagman can tell us about the third task." Harry said grimly.

"Oh Harry, what if it's a game of quidditch!" Diana said half joking, half hoping she was right.

Ron snorted, "Yeah right, even if it is Krum is the best player in the world and Diggory beat Harry last year." Diana shot him a dirty look.

Harry sighed, "Thanks for that Ron. I'll see you guys later." He left for the Quidditch pitch.

"I think I'll take a nap while we wait for him to come back." Diana stated before stretching out on the couch and pulling a woven blanket over her. She fell asleep rather quickly to the whispers of Ron and Hermione bickering.

About an hour or two later Harry finally came back into the common room. There was no need for Hermione to wake Diana up; Harry was later loud when he came back in. Diana sat up and wiped the sleep from her eyes as Harry started talking.

"Okay so the third task is a maze, but something else happened." Harry was breathless. The story was that Harry was walking back to the castle when Krum pulled him aside to talk about Hermione, Diana elbowed her at that which earned a disapproving glare. They were talking about quidditch when they saw Mr. Crouch. According to Harry, he looked terrible, like he was living in the forest. He was talking to a tree when Harry approached him. Harry offered to take him to see Dumbledore but Crouch was in no state to be moved so Harry ran up to the castle to find him where he ran into Snape who gave him a hard time but then finally Dumbledore came and let Harry lead the way to the forest. They found Krum stunned on the ground and he said Crouch had attacked him. Crouch had disappeared and Moody set off into the forest to find him. And now Harry was here.

"We'll write to Sirius in the morning, but now I think we should all go to bed." Hermione said, glancing up at the clock that now read it was well past midnight.

===

They all got up early the next morning to go to the Owlery. On the way they discussed their theories of what had happened.

"It comes down to this," Hermione said while rubbing her temples, "Either Mr. Crouch attacked Viktor, or somebody attacked both of them when Viktor wasn't looking." She looked at Diana for her thoughts. She just shrugged, still trying to wrap her head around what happened.

Ron and Hermione started arguing again and Harry and Diana shared a look. They all looked like hell. If someone didn't know better they could've been mistaken as hungover.

"Just go through it again, Harry," Hermione began. "What did Mr. Crouch actually say?"

Harry told her again all he really said was Dumbledore, Bertha Jorkins, and that it was his fault. Also that You-Know-Who is getting stronger. They continue to discuss this when they were in the Owlery but stopped suddenly when they heard Fred and George talking about blackmailing someone.