Chapter 21 - Birthday Surprise

The next week was rather interesting. Harry, Hermione, Ron, and Diana went down to the kitchen to give Dobby a pair of socks to thank him for helping Harry with the second task. There Diana met Mr. Crouch's house elf, Winky, who was rather distraught and drunk on Butterbeer. They only left when Hermione insulted the house elves by saying they have rights. The day after that Diana received many hate letters from readers of the Daily Prophet.

"You are a wicked girl. Harry Potter deserves better go back to where you came from American." Diana read it out loud and snorted before opening another one. "You deserve to be boiled in frogspawn... I think it might be my favorite one." She opened another one which had bubotuber pus in it. It almost got on her hands but fortunately she was able to dodge it. There were several more letters but she ignored them and threw them in the fireplace on her way to Herbology.

As the week continued Diana received more hate mail but opted to ignore it. This proved rather difficult as some were howlers. Her favorite was one she received on Thursday morning,

"YOU VILE GIRL, HOW DARE YOU TREAT HARRY POTTER THE BOY WHO LIVED LIKE THIS! YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING AND GOING AFTER A DEATH EATERS SON IS REVOLTING. YOU ARE A WHORE AND A GOLD DIGGER. YOU ARE A DISGRACE TO WHAT ONCE WAS THE NOBLE HOUSE OF BLACK!"

The entire Great Hall was staring at Diana and Harry who were laughing hysterically. Ron and Hermione were laughing as well. Eventually everyone else turned back to their breakfast. Diana caught Theo's eye and waved to him with a flirty grin. He rolled his eyes and grinned.

"That was the best one yet." Diana stated, taking another bite of toast before continuing, "I mean technically I am fulfilling ole' Walburga's wishes. Theo is a Pureblood."

"I still don't understand how Rita knew you were dating; I suppose she could've asked someone but still. It all seems off to me. And how did she know about Hagrids mum?" Hermione asked.

Everyone shrugged and continued to their lessons. After Defense Against the Dark Arts Hermione caught up with them after asking Moody a question. "Well she's not using an invisibility cloak." Hermione had asked Moody if he had seen anyone.

"Is there any point in telling you to drop this?" Ron asked as they headed up to the common room.

"No! I want to know how she's doing it!" Hermione exclaimed, definitely.

"Maybe she's had the castle bugged." said Harry.

"Bugged? Like putting fleas in the castle?" Ron asked.

Harry shook his head and explained hidden microphones. Hermione cut him off.

"How many times have I told you Muggle technology doesn't work around Hogwarts! Will you just read Hogwarts a History already?" she asked annoyed.

"Why would we? You know it by heart we could just ask you. Besides, we don't have time to help you with your vendetta against Skeeter." Ron said.

"I wasn't asking for your help, I'll do it alone!" Hermione marched off to the library.

"What's the betting she comes back with a box of I Hate Rita Skeeter badges?" Ron asked.

"Dunno I'll definitely take one if she does." Diana smirked.

"Hey Diana isn't your birthday coming up?" Harry asked as they continued to the common room.

"Oh yeah it's on Sunday actually." Diana blushed.

"I'm sure Hermione's got something planned," Ron said as they entered the common room. They all sat down on the sofa across from the fireplace.

"Why? We didn't do anything for yours or Hermione's." Diana frowned and took off her robe.