Date - Part 1

Sapphire's P.O.V

"Skyler! You made it!" Mrs. William, Skyler's mom, exclaimed as she walked over to us.

I gave her a Cheshire cat grin when she hugged both of us. "Hey, Mrs. Williams."

"Sapphire, you are growing up so quick!" Skyler's mom said as she analyzed me from head to toe.

Skyler placed his arm around my shoulder and pulled me closer to him.

His mom looked at us with a curious gaze. "Y-you two are d-dating?" She asked in a hesitant tone.

With a toothy grin, Skyler replied. "No, not yet. I'm trying my hardest to persuade her, though," he stated.

Mrs. William's had a sudden panicked expression etched on her face before she composed herself. "Well, I have to greet some more people... H-have fun." With that, she raced away from us.

"What's up with your mom?" I quizzed.

Skyler shrugged his shoulders and looked at me. "I have no idea... Hungry?" He asked me.

Slowly nodding, I looked around the building Skyler had taken me to. "So, this is your idea of a date? Taking me to your mom's art gallery opening."

With a weak smile, Skyler gave me a guilt look. "Uhhh, yeah. I'm kinda riding on broke right now. I figured if we came here you'd get to see some fascinating artwork, have free food and drinks too." He told me as we walked over to a table in the far back of the huge room we were in.

Looking around, I noticed that this place was really spacious. It was a big, four walled room, with artwork hanging everywhere. The colors of the paintings mesmerized me as I stared at them all from where I was standing. Sudden jealousy coursed through me as I thought about how Skyler's mom was so talented. All her works were phenomenal.

"Here." Skyler said as he handed me a fizzy brown drink.

"What is this?" I asked as I sniffed it.

With a deep laugh, he replied. "It's just coca cola."

I chuckled and took a sip. The fuzziness hit my taste buds, and I felt myself relax. I avoided the mere idea of what Blake would do if he knew I was on a date...

Om to the g-g... I'm on a date... My first date!

My eyes glanced at Skyler, who was gazing around the room. Slowly, but surely, I knew I should give him a chance... After all I need to get over Blake, because as the days pass, I'm noticing more and more that Blake doesn't want to be with me... Even if we kissed a few times... Obviously, it changed nothing...

A warm hand unexpectedly grasped mine. Looking down, I saw that Skyler was holding my hand. I gave him a snicker when he started to blush.

"Uhhh, wanna walk around?" Skyler questioned.

I nodded and then we strolled throughout the building. My eyes would widen at a few paintings, for the simple fact that they were so beautiful.

It wasn't until I landed eyes on a painting of a butterfly, that I stopped walking. Skyler went to walk away, but our connecting hands brought him to a stop.

He stood beside me as I marveled at the painting.

It was a vibrant blue butterfly on the most detailed white rose I've ever seen.

"Out of all of the paintings in this building, you stop and look at this one." Said Skyler.

I glanced in his direction with a raised eyebrow. "What's wrong with this one?" I quizzed.

He ran his hand through his blond hair before sighing. "I painted this one..."

My eyes bulged; I kept looking back between the painting and Skyler. "Y-you did?"

His lips twitched up and down before he finally broke into a teasing smile. "Gotcha!"

Slapping his arm with my free hand, I glared at him "That is not funny!"

Throwing his head back Skyler laughed, "It was. You should have seen you face, you were in complete shock. But, Babe, I can't even draw a stick figure. In all honesty, the artistic skills have skipped me and gone straight to Alicia."

Giving Skyler a crooked look I spoke. "Alicia? She draws?"

"Yeah, she keeps it hidden, though," Skyler told me.

She was really good at keeping it hidden. We'd known each other since we were babies, and never once had I ever seen her draw.

Nibbling on my bottom lip, I thought about it for a second...

Maybe she didn't think I would like or appreciate her work, which wasn't true! Even if she drew like a three year old, I would value her work like a Mona Lisa. After all, she was my friend...

"Oh, I didn't know..." I muttered.

"Hey, there is one more thing I want to show you." Skyler suddenly whispered in my ear, as if it was a secret.

Giggling and nodded. "Okay, what is it?"

Reaching in his suit pocket, Skyler pulled out a long black cloth.

Furrowing my brows I questioned him. "You wanted to show me a cloth?"

He snickered and shook his head. "No. What I want to show you is a surprise. You need to be blindfolded."

"Hell to the no!" I half-yelled.

Eyes gazed over in our direction, and I cowered down for shouting that so loudly.

"Then you can't see the awesome surprise I have for you."

Sighing I looked down at the cloth. "Fine! But, if you ruin my hair that Alicia and Carmen spent forever doing, I will have to seek payback." I teased.

"Deal." He softly said; then placed the blindfold over my eyes.

"Are people looking at us oddly?" I inquired as Skyler led me over to a door that I assumed was right behind us.

He took a minute to reply. "No." The lie was evident in his tone.

I shrugged it off that people were giving us looks, and just laughed.

It wasn't long before I felt a breeze across my face. "Are we outside?" I asked, even though by the smell and feel of the air I knew we were.

"Yep, now, stand still."

Freezing in my spot, I awaited for Skyler to take the cloth off my head. The bitter air crossed my bare arms and I shuttered. "What is taking so long? I'm cold!"

"Here." Something warm landed on the tops my shoulders.

Feeling it, I knew it was his jacket. "Aren't you going to get cold?" I asked him as I stared at the dark fabric that was across my eyes.

"Naw, I'm good," He whispered with his hot breath fanning my face.

Opening my mouth to speak, I was stopped by Skyler kissing me...