Date - Part 2

Sapphire's P.O.V

His lips conquered mine with a heavy passion and intent. I looped my arms around his neck, trying to pull him closer, hoping that it would give me the sparks I was looking for.

Nothing.

Pulling away from Skyler, I tilted my head down so he wouldn't be able to kiss me again.

It wasn't the same ... No matter how much I try, it was clear that it would never be the same to the way I felt when I kiss Blake.

Suddenly, I felt Skyler undo my blindfold.

My vision came back, and I found myself staring at my black heels and concrete.

Every part of me screamed to look up at Skyler and tell him that I was just too in love with Blake Dazer. But, when I went to do so, I noticed our surroundings.

It was a garden, with flowers of all sorts scattered around. White lights weaving around them on the soil. Skyler and I stood next to a small water fountain that was lit up with spotlights.

Gasping, I glanced at Skyler.

His green eyes were gazing at me. I knew by the expression on his face he was trying to see if I liked it.

"W-w-wow, this is so pretty," I exclaimed.

He gave me a gracious smile before grasping my hand, "I'm glad you like it."

Feeling uncomfortable, I pulled my hand out of his... "Skyler, this is nice and all... But... I-I'm in-"

He shook his head. "Don't say it..." The grim sound in his voice made me feel horrible.

I knew exactly what he was feeling. Having someone you like, at your fingertips, yet they were in their own little world, or in Skyler's case, in love with someone else.

Horror filled me at the mere idea of Blake falling in love with someone that wasn't me. "I am really sorry, if I could change how I feel, then trust me, I would. I want to move on from Blake so bad, but I-I... Can't."

Skyler gave me a melancholy smile, "It's fine, I get-"

"Sapphire, do you mind if I borrow my son for a minute?"

Looking to my side, I saw Mr. Williams, Skyler's dad, staring at me.

"Huh, yeah," I replied.

With a small grin, Mr. William's ushered his son into the art gallery.

I stood outside, in the garden, wondering what Mr. William had to say to Skyler.

Time passed... And passed... Before long I was sitting on the edge of the water fountain, clutching Skyler's jacket closer to me as the autumn air surrounded me.

"Sapphire? What are doing out here? The event is over," Mrs. Williams said as she walked over to me and wrapped her green shawl around her shoulders.

"I'm waiting for Skyler; he went off with his dad."

Mrs. William's gave me a look of pity. "Honey, Skyler left hours ago. How long have you been out here?"

Rubbing the bitter cold tip of my nose, I shrugged before giving her a cheeky smile. "I guess hours..."

"Oh, I'm going to kill that boy! Was he your ride home? I could take you home if he were."

"Yeah, he was." I nodded.

Placing her hand on my back, Mrs. William led me inside, all while ranting about how Skyler was going to get it when she got home.

Remaining silent, I wondered why Skyler never came back ... What did his dad want from him?

I should have gone in search of him after thirty minutes. But, then again I was afraid of going inside and Skyler coming outside to find me gone.

When Mrs. Williams trailed me along with her to the front door of the gallery, I realized that my car was at her house.

"I just remembered, my car is at your place. That is where ... Where Skyler and I met up." I half lied.

"Okay, I will just take you to my house to get it," She informed me as we walked outside.